Why should I have to work on this?

Louise98
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Why should I have to work on this?

I've been awarded superhost status since the beginning of my airbnb journey. I've successfully hosted hundreds of guests and now have a second Airbnb property which is great. I'm proud of the accommodation I offer and always go the extra mile to make my guests stay a memorable one.

Bearing this in mind, I'd really like to know why Airbnb think I have got to work the acceptance of bookings on my second airbnb property. Security is of the utmost importance to me which is why I clearly state that any guest booking, should have at least one positive review along with government approved ID and a clear profile photograph.

I now see that Airbnb are asking ME to work on accepted reservations. WHAT???  I've accepted 86% bookings on my second airbnb property, but Airbnb's target is 88%. That's because the guests that Airbnb are sending me don't have the necessary criteria.

I've accepted 100% bookings on my initial airbnb property because all guests that request to book have all the criteria I ask for.

I'd love to know why Airbnb think I've got to improve my acceptance rate. As mentioned, the only reason I ever decine a booking is because my listed criteria is not met. Certainly I have no wish to accept a booking when the profile photograph is that of a woman's cleavage, or someone that has one negative review for smoking in a property when the host has a non-smoking policy, or someone that has failed to upload the required ID.

Is it not the GUEST that should be working on improving??

2 Replies 2
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Louise

These are the sort of garbage suggestion you get from a very narrowly defined algorithm/ automated system.

I mentioned touch points in a previous post, obviously Airbnb business touch points getting priority over Hosts touch points and for this reason Airbnb are getting a not inconsiderable amount of negative comments.

Just ignore it…

Louise98
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply.  Much appreciated.  🙂