Why won’t they leave a review?

Why won’t they leave a review?

Hi guys! I’ve just hosted for the second time and I’m baffled because both guests sent me private messages saying what a great time they are having, what an amazing house etc etc and they don’t leave a review..! I’m kind of pissed because I leave an honest review of them as good guests and neither have left a review. ... everyone keeps asking me why I don’t have any reviews.. 

anything I can do further to “entice” a good review...??

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Suzanna21 if you believe that guests enjoyed their stay you could tell them that you would appreciate if they left you a review because those are important for future guests to make their decision about booking with you easier since you are new to the platform. Many guests don't bother reviewing but when asked they are happy to leave one especially when they had a great stay. Good luck hosting! 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Suzanna21 

Some people just don't review, and you unfortunately, got two of those guests right off the bat. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to it. I've had a few guests who left me a really nice card/gift or a large tip but never left a review. And then I've had people stay for one quick overnight, who I never personally met, and they write me a 3 paragraph glowing review.

In the beginning your reviews are really important since they are going to attract more guests. You may want to add a message concluding the stay. Something along the lines of: "I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad to have had the opportunity to host you. If you would please take a moment to complete a review, once Airbnb sends you the prompt, that would be very much appreciated. It will give future guests the confidence to book my place. Thanks again!” 

Marisa182
Level 7
University Park, MD

@Suzanna21 

I recently made a point to ask a repeat guest to please write a review and explained the importance of the five star system and how critical five star reviews are to superhosts who want to maintain that status. This guest books for a relitive who lives out of town and takes care of the payment and all communication. So after about five or six stays she writes two reviews back to back, saying very nice and positive things about my place, but she gives me four stars on Value. This has now bugged me for a few days. Her relative is coming again tomorrow and I really want to say something about the value issue. Here's the thing, this person has asked for a discount, and I gave it to her, on two occasions she has asked if two people could stay... my listing is for one guest,  I said yes. I didn't ask for extra money, nor did she offer which was fine, but I definitely  never expected four stars on value. Should have said nothing because I don't really think I needed her review.