Wifi Speed Test Tool Not Working

Answered!
Nazan10
Level 2
Alaçatı, Turkey

Wifi Speed Test Tool Not Working

Hi everyone.

For some reason wifi speed test tool is not working that I coulnd't input my results. Is there anyone had the same issue?

N.O
1 Best Answer
Thierry676
Level 2
Stuttgart, Germany

I had the exact same issue with the android Airbnb app. Wi-Fi name and Wi-Fi password were already there when I run the test (configured beforehand from the PC Airbnb website), and they were definitively correct (visually at least, no typo or lowercase/uppercase errors). But after reading this thread, I had the idea to remove Wi-Fi details, run the test again which prompted me to re-enter the Wi-Fi details, and it worked this time :))  ... Maybe something to do with some invisible characters !?!? Try it, it might work for you as well 😉

View Best Answer in original post

74 Replies 74
Jon3220
Level 2
Arizona, United States

Not working for me either.  I have tried with 3 different devices and it will not run.  It keeps telling me that I must be connected to the wifi network.  I am connected to the wifi network.  I have rebooted the devices,  disconnected and reconnected to the network, turned off my VPN and turned off cellular data.  NOTHING WORKS!!!!!

Steve3136
Level 1
Noordwijk, Netherlands

Nor me

Nor me. Exact same issues.

Nor me. Exact same issues.

@Linda-And-Steve4

Nor me. Exact same issues

Nope not working. I'm connected to WIFI network on my phone and it says I'm not. I tried to do it on my PC and it says "The action cannot be fully supported by this version of the Airbnb app. Please update the app to the latest version."

Not working for me either.  And today (Nov 9, 21) they released this tool globally, so I expect they are madly working on it!

Hi guys, the tool was not working for me either but here is the solution:

Go to app permissions as under location, select accurate location. That allows the app to use the Wi-Fi’s location therefore, verifying that you are measuring the speed at the Airbnb’s true location. I hope this helps!

This was the solution for me! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Hi guys, the tool was not working for me either but here is the solution:

Go to app permissions on your phone and under location permission select accurate location. This allows the Airbnb app access to the Wi-Fi’s true location therefore verifying the results are honest. I hope this helps!

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Nazan10  I just got an email saying that any manual entry under wifi speed will be wiped out on November 4th, and the only way to populate that will be using the test tool. 

@Nick    Can you confirm the accuracy of that ?

Here's he text from the email :-

"Take action: the wifi speed will be removed from your listing"

The wifi speed test tool is here

"On November 4, we will remove the manually-entered wifi speed from listings. You can now use the wifi tool to verify and highlight your wifi speed to guests. Wifi is currently one of the top-searched amenities and the easy-to-use tool is right in our app. If you have multiple listings, make sure you update each of them."

As I've said before, I add the wifi speed manually because every device gives a different result, and I'm not prepared to over-promise and under-deliver, so I've manually entered a speed that is less than my phone, but more than my oldest device (and confirmed using my neighbor's old iPad).

Wifi speed is not a constant everywhere like the speed of light. 

Jon3220
Level 2
Arizona, United States

I got the same email as well.  Which is why I was trying to use the speed test.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jon3220 @Nazan10 @Michelle53 @Steve3136 It seems to work on my phone but not on my MacBook Air.

@Scott Are you aware this auto test feature doesn't seem to work on many devices?

I have tried it on both mine and my wife's iPhone's and my PC.  On the PC it tells me that it doesn't work with this version of the app but the app is the website.  On both of the iphone's it tells me that I must be connected to the wifi network which I am.  Ultimately it is a good thing to give guests a real world wifi assessment but if I can't get the real number it will just look like I have horrible wifi to the everyone and I am unwilling to post the true speed.