Will Airbnb come clean on the new search page?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Will Airbnb come clean on the new search page?

@Stephanie There are a lot of posts  regarding how many properties have disappeared, views have dropped and bookings are non existent post the launch of the new search page for trips.

Clearly it is entirely possible that one hosts loss is another hosts gain.

I just wonder if Airbnb is big enough to release the stats on overall bookings pre and post the search page changes?

Alternatively we will just have to wait until the next results are published but, if there is a problem, I guess the programmers will be trying to fix it before it shows in the results. 

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

When artificial intelligence takes over, logic and common sense are gone.

Emiel1_0-1653080596128.png

@Emiel1 

most of the time IA works great. We are surrendered by it and we don’t even know it or notice it because … it is well done.

it is well done because it is well taught, well programmed and well tested (usually with small pilots before the big wave). And the humain intelligence behind it has done great research about and is even sometimes willing to admit when they have done some mistakes.

Beware that I was talking about great IA, unlike what it seams about AirBNB IA.

we do not know the master plan of Brian. I am sure it started from a good idea, but maybe he   Is no longer in touch with the ‘real’ people like us 🤪

Annie
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0 

I am guessing that there is more than one problem/glitch with this new system so who knows how long it will take to sort out. Also, Airbnb have made a big song and dance about this launch (still showing the video as the first thing when you open the site) so they lose a lot of face (and who knows how much money they spent on it) if they have to do a sudden about face. More likely they will cling on to the idea for a while, trying to tweak it unsuccessfully, before finally giving up.

As for the moderators here on the CC, I am getting the impression that they are just as much in the dark and just passing on the responses they are instructed to by Airbnb. They are not allowed to say anything more than that. At least they say they are passing on our feedback. There has been a lot of noise about this already on the CC, so hopefully they will pay attention to it. I suspect though that a serious drop in bookings (I think your prediction may be correct) will have more impact.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0, I appreciate your feedback on this. I've made sure that this is included as a discussion point with the product team. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I called customer service last night to call it to their attention that my total number of views for my listing has more than dropped in half and that I thought it was because of the change in the search format. For the last three years I have booked up my room every night of the month year round, but this month and last month I only booked 17 nights.

She was very nice and listened to my complaints and the only suggestion she could offer was to come over to community center and talk to other hosts about it. I am now discovering that I am not alone in my dissatisfaction with the new search page. I also just discovered that there is no longer a graph that show my views like there used to be so I can’t even prove how drastically it dropped. I only chose to contact you because you were the community  center manager.

If everyone is as upset as I am about the new changes to the search page do you think it would be of any help to start a petition to put it back the way it was and have all the unhappy hosts sign it? I don’t think my business can last if I don’t get the number of views up to what  I used to have . 
I know a lot of the hosts don’t like the emphasis on the “special properties” but the thing that I dislike the most is that you can’t bypass the choices for weekend, week, or month. Instead of my day price showing up it shows up as a weekly price and that just doesn’t help me.
 I would think that it’s hurting Airbnb as well if their hosts aren’t getting the business. Do you have any ideas of who I could contact?

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

My number of views and booking rate have not changed a bit since the new rollout. My customers can still seem to find me and AirBnb is our only advertising/booking platform.

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Quincy 

Peggy289
Level 2
Jupiter, FL

I have been totally baffled the last month as to why my bookings all of a sudden dried up until I took a look at  my number of views. They dropped from 500 a month to 146 this month. If people can’t view the  properties properly how are we supposed to get business? They really messed up with a new search format and if they don’t go back to the old one I’ll probably be out of business. Is there anyone at Airbnb who will listen?

Jodi372
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

ABSOLUTELY MIND BOGGLING ! I went from non stop bookings to ZERO . I had 21+ days of bookings per month for two years and now nada. Not even LABOR DAY weekend is booked . I’m a Super Host nothing has changed except for the new design . Some random date in December shows up in the search , I mean aren’t the web designers supposedly top of their field ?? This new design ruined AIRBNB ! Ruined .