Will Airbnb come clean on the new search page?

in
England, United Kingdom
Level 10

@Stephanie There are a lot of posts  regarding how many properties have disappeared, views have dropped and bookings are non existent post the launch of the new search page for trips.

Clearly it is entirely possible that one hosts loss is another hosts gain.

I just wonder if Airbnb is big enough to release the stats on overall bookings pre and post the search page changes?

Alternatively we will just have to wait until the next results are published but, if there is a problem, I guess the programmers will be trying to fix it before it shows in the results. 

5 Replies

Re: Will Airbnb come clean on the new search page?

in
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Level 10

When artificial intelligence takes over, logic and common sense are gone.

Emiel1_0-1653080596128.png

in
Montreal, Canada
Level 10

@Emiel1 

most of the time IA works great. We are surrendered by it and we don’t even know it or notice it because … it is well done.

it is well done because it is well taught, well programmed and well tested (usually with small pilots before the big wave). And the humain intelligence behind it has done great research about and is even sometimes willing to admit when they have done some mistakes.

Beware that I was talking about great IA, unlike what it seams about AirBNB IA.

we do not know the master plan of Brian. I am sure it started from a good idea, but maybe he   Is no longer in touch with the ‘real’ people like us 🤪

Annie

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

@Mike-And-Jane0 

I am guessing that there is more than one problem/glitch with this new system so who knows how long it will take to sort out. Also, Airbnb have made a big song and dance about this launch (still showing the video as the first thing when you open the site) so they lose a lot of face (and who knows how much money they spent on it) if they have to do a sudden about face. More likely they will cling on to the idea for a while, trying to tweak it unsuccessfully, before finally giving up.

As for the moderators here on the CC, I am getting the impression that they are just as much in the dark and just passing on the responses they are instructed to by Airbnb. They are not allowed to say anything more than that. At least they say they are passing on our feedback. There has been a lot of noise about this already on the CC, so hopefully they will pay attention to it. I suspect though that a serious drop in bookings (I think your prediction may be correct) will have more impact.

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0, I appreciate your feedback on this. I've made sure that this is included as a discussion point with the product team. 

Kun je niet vinden waar je naar op zoek bent? Klik hier om een gesprek te beginnen!

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

in
Mill Bay, Canada
Level 10

My number of views and booking rate have not changed a bit since the new rollout. My customers can still seem to find me and AirBnb is our only advertising/booking platform.

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Quincy