Will I ever get back to a full five-star overall rating?

Answered!
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Will I ever get back to a full five-star overall rating?

I have 247 reviews and a 4.9 overall rating. 

13 (all in/before 2015) were 4 star
The rest (234) were five star.

My question is, will I ever nudge back into the full five-star overall rating? Not obsessed, just interested. 

Edit. Six of those four-star reviews were from a returning guest!

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gordon0 

Spreadsheet just for you:

Good thing you are not obsessed as it will take another 2707 5* reviews to get you back to 5!

@Lizzie I think this demonstrates the stupidity of 2 decimal places on the review average as well as a fundamentally flawed review system. Can I come to the hosting event to discuss please?1

247 12224.95

target 4.996 to round to 5

2928.55226 14629.76135.00

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25

It's not an ideal solution, I admit.  And I'm  just going out on a limb here, but would it be too difficult to ambush  then bury the repeat four star guest under your patio next time they stay ?  Duct tape and a hammer are a small investment.

*asking for a friend*

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kevin1322 @Gordon0  I'm sure that would be amusing (can I watch?), but why not just explain to the guest how the star ratings are applied and punished by Airbnb on the host's end? If someone keeps returning, they obviously like the place and the host  and have no intention of tanking your ratings, having you receive threatening messages, or losing your Superhost status- they just have zero clue about the ratings and follow what Airbnb tells them- that 4*s is "Good".

@Sarah977  it's really hard to explain these things to people when they are in the trunk of your car. They just won't listen.

@Gordon0  and I need to catch up on some more episodes of Breaking Bad then we are good to go and can revolutionise the Airbnb review/rewards system.

What can possibly go wrong......

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>What can possibly go wrong<<

I'm in London, @Kevin1322, and I fear my postage-stamp-sized yard won't be big enough.

plenty big enough,  just go deeper.  🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kevin1322  @Gordon0 Ever seen a movie called "The Last Supper? If not, check it out. Right up your alley. Black comedy where a group of university students living in a house in the countryside accidentally kill one of their dinner guests, then decide that they should start knocking off all the nasty people in the neighborhood. They bury them all in the backyard and plant tomatoes over them. Well worth watching.

i'll look out for that @Sarah977 

Fiona558
Level 2
Wilson, TX

Insane!   Fundamentally flawed review system that works against the host.  Guests have no idea      So hosts need to complain to Airbnb.  We have a voice. I know they are short of hosts.  So, all of us who work hard to keep our 5 stars need to let Airbnb know that it is unfair. 

Fiona Smith

@Fiona558 Unfortunately Airbnb already know - and they don't seem to care at all. 

Franz68
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Simple solution, Airbnb, PLEASE use the rating you use to calculate superhost (I believe last year) to show in the profile and listing summary. I went to an Ivi league school, and I am pretty sure my 3rd grade gpa did not affect my admission. Those of us that have really fixed up our place for guest and have grown with your billions should not be downgraded. 

Diane-and-Bill0
Level 2
Mission Viejo, CA

So I just got up and running here on Airbnb in September 2021. Super stoked at the bookings I’ve gotten this far and the reviews - 5 stars from the first 4 guests. Then a review from one guest that was a lovely written review however 1 star. So my 5 star rating plummeted to a 4.2 in one foul swoop.

Should I just pack it in now? Doesn’t sound like I have any hope of recovery.

ICING ON THE CAKE The guest damaged my sofa (still no compensation for that), snuck in an extra guest (refused to pay extra fees) and stole items from my unit.