Will I get a full refund if host is fake?

Louai1
Level 2
Beirut, Lebanon

Will I get a full refund if host is fake?

I have paid for a stay for late december and its still november, but I have a feeling that my host has a fake account, will I get a full refund from airbnb if the host is proved to be fake? Im feeling anxious, who has witnessed something like this before?

9 Replies 9
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

KiaOra @Louai1.  Can you expand on that a little? I’m pretty new but from my readings on the forum as long as you have paid directly to AirBnB you are covered and they will hopefully find you another place? 

Yes, I paid through Airbnb 100%. But the place I reserved is still a new place with zero reviews, and I believe that everyone starts from zero reviews and builds their way up after the first positive review right? Im a little sceptical about the place's truthfulness and validity. If the host turns out to be a fraud, will I recienve a 100% refund?

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Yes everybody starts from zero...guests and hosts alike 😉  but my understanding is the reviews don’t get posted until you have 3.  So we all have to trust at some stage? 

There should be a contact number on your reservation . Have you messaged your host at all with your worries using the AirBnB message system? That way a good account is kept for referencing. 

Good luck. 

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Are we talking about almost a year have you stay at the place have you cancel did you contact Airbnb 

No the stay is next month, for 5 nights only. Airbnb doesn't have a contact support email posted, if anyone can find it please let me know..

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

At least you can have a look at the host profile, to see which verifications has been passed.

Did you communicate with the host anyway ? Not having any review is possible, everybody has to start from zero. Did the accomodation have the 'new' label on it when displayed in search results ?

If you are concerned you can contact Airbnb. View your reservation, click on "helpcentre" and follow instructions.

Or use https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Best regards, emiel

Shannon512
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

So does Air B&B refund the money if the property doesn't exist? 

Jamie604
Level 2
Tampa, FL

I have had a steak from hell you have no idea what I have been through the host was fake and Airbnb it seems like to me is knowing about it they will not compensate me I have argued for five months and nobody is helping me and I don’t want to put on everything that happened on here but it is the most craziest situation I have ever been through in my entire life

Did you pay with a credit card?