I'm in the UK and considering adding a Wine Fridge

Are they worth it as an extra amenity ? 

Thoughts please 

1 Best Answer
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @James2621 

Unless you are also supplying the wine (in this case, i am booking ! 🙂 )

If you are letting short term, most guests, if they buy wine, it would be to drink that night. They would not worry about storing it long term.

I think it would be a lovely thing in my own house, but I would not, personally, add it for guests.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@James2621  While I don't think it's a huge draw as a stand-alone amenity (unless it's always stocked with wine :)), if it's a well-integrated accessory it conveys luxury, and if that allows you to raise your rates, it would pay for itself.

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @James2621 

Unless you are also supplying the wine (in this case, i am booking ! 🙂 )

If you are letting short term, most guests, if they buy wine, it would be to drink that night. They would not worry about storing it long term.

I think it would be a lovely thing in my own house, but I would not, personally, add it for guests.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @James2621,

I think that’s a fantastic idea! 

You’re a thoughtful host.

Ways to go! 

C1F33D7B-4341-4E72-B82B-92DFFA067EE8.jpeg

DBC88368-324B-4F54-8AE9-BD80DDA0916D.jpeg

https://winecellardiva.com/compressor-cooling-wine-cellar/antarctic-star-sinas46-compressor-wine-coo...

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@James2621 

I agree with others, that if stocked it would be a great amenity. If left unstocked, I would see it as a disappointment (like having a pool in the backyard that wasn't yet filled with water.)

Also, wine fridges can be costly to run, hence the reason why I no longer use my personal wine fridge. It just didn't make sense to leave it constantly running to chill one or two bottles of wine at a time. 

@James2621 If you're primarily interested in long-term rentals, a wine fridge could be a nice touch. Probably not as much of a draw for short rentals, unless you happen to be in a wine-producing region with a lot of oenophile tourism. 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @James2621 ,

Raise a Glass to Wine Cellar

E9A3D5D4-4066-4CE6-8CBB-55516AA6BDEF.jpeg

4A582FE2-6DB3-46A2-866C-63EA45C85398.jpeg

24D6240C-0947-4789-B8F2-6337FB112003.jpeg

4BA10B4C-AC50-42C0-93FA-0474F70264EC.jpeg

CF84FDA9-2C1D-4486-9742-637FFA216655.jpeg

“With wine consumption and appreciation on the upswing, in-home wine rooms will become an increasingly popular trend," says Kevin Rosinski, senior vice president of home builders Toll Brothers Arizona Division.

Whatever the material, a wine room or cellar in a higher-end home is an investment worth making, Rosinski says: "A wine room does increase home value as it raises the appraisal.”

https://www.realtor.com/advice/home-improvement/wine-cellars-luxury-homes/

@Dale711  

Wow, that's impressive.

Provided an airbnb host would provivide a wine cooler or even a wine cellar fully stocked with bottles of wine. How would this be charged?

Would this be on an „all You can drink“ basis and included in the rental price? Or would guests be charged for each bottle of wine they drink. If so, how would You control that?

What about untrustworthy guest. Let's assume guests arrive with a truck, empty the entire wine cellar worth $50k, load everything into the truck and check-out early. What would You do in this case – charge it against the security deposit?

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hallo gnädige Frau @Ute42,

Did you ever hear Airbnb Extraordinary homes with five‑star everything! 

e.g., 3000 euro per night min 7 nights.

Luxury Villa in monitors  property entrance with security guard

https://www.airbnb.com/s/luxury

It is undoubtedly not for you or me either. Luxury home are for celebrities and Billionaires! 

I reminded you, Airbnb 2021 new champaign ?

I Made Possible By Host l

The Frog in the Well ?The Frog in the Well ?

Another story for your reference,

The story is about a frog who lives happily in a well. She has no idea what’s outside of that well.  One day a bird comes along and tells her about the great wide world, and the beautiful blue ocean.  The frog becomes embarrassed when she realizes she’s been living in such a small sheltered world.

Enjoyed.

@Dale711 

Thank You. I think I understand.

Jimmy386
Level 1
México D.F., Mexico

I am considering this b/c a house I rented in Dubrovnik did it and it was a nice touch. It was stocked and there was a price list per bottle with some high end options. Most people will probably get their own wine, but guests who can afford it will indulge in a few bottles of wine at a slight premium. On the downside, I am not sure how to bill them for it. At the house we rented, a rep came by every day and would charge us. Chasing people after the fact seems like another thing to worry about.

My worry is what happens when/if your guests drink 1 or 2 bottles of YOUR provided wine,  then decide to go out and drive somewhere—to the store, to a night out—and get into an accident, and kills someone. I envision this the same as a bar owner who supplies liquor to a patron.

NOPE, it’s not worth the headache, the worry, the guilt, or the possibility of you and your homeowner’s insurance being sued.