Wise guys…

Wise guys…

Can anyone explain to me why I should have to give the city of Huntington Beach 14% of my hard earned  money plus $624.00  to start,and a 3rd party inspector $240.00  and another 100.00 or so for a business license, To host an Air BNB ,Then be told sorry your home was not permitted, when all that was done to it was blocking off a stairwell some 30 years ago.

The  city should not take any money until its approved.

And still why pay them for nothing?

I don’t pay them for my long term rental.

If your going to take my money, Then do something right…

Sunset Beach, empty the trash cans on the green belt, the birds and Homeless are a problem.

The south end of town is a joke, you removed a small concrete monument that the Homeless

made their own, good job, they just moved closer to a playground.

Hey new guys, if you’re going to take over on our town…

Do something to make your own money, instead of stealing mine

3 Replies 3
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

They do it because they can.

It’s up to the the residents to make sure they can’t.

Maybe long-term private rental is your best option. At least until they get their greasy snouts into that too.

This kind of thing is going to become “normal” everywhere if people tolerate it.

Colleen28
Level 4
Johnstown, CO

Welcome to the business world. I also have a brick and mortar shop. I am subject to all sorts of rules and regulations. The fire marshal can enter at any time along with the health inspector , not to mention the local assessor. It’s all part of doing business which many people will never know what we do just to put their favorite item on the shelf.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Each business has different regulations it needs to abide by. @Paul7577 

you should be pleased you live in an area that regulates STRs to help control the quality of property available and make sure those just out for a quick buck and who don't care about how their guests impact on their local community aren't allowed to operate.

of course they are going to charge for these services . It is not their fault your accommodation didn't meet their requirements for you operating an STR business. 

And yes sadly and horribly in rich western society's we have increasing amounts of homelessness - some caused by long term rentals being turned into STRs. 

perhaps you could get involved in volunteering for homeless organisations to give you a better understanding of why this happens -  many are from the armed forces, children who were in care, victims of domestic violence or children who have run away because of abuse.