With all the Gloom out there, let's start a 'What the Heck Just Happened?!' thread

Terri38
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

With all the Gloom out there, let's start a 'What the Heck Just Happened?!' thread

I'll start the ball rolling with one of the usual causes of mischief and mayhem: the CAT..

I was woken at silly o'clock by a loud shriek from my guest as she ran out of the toilet.  The only word I could make out was "CAT!!" - I know that one in several languages by now.  Once I confirmed that she was unhurt, just a bit spooked, it didnn't take me long to figure out what happened.
A rather indignant Chrystal (my white cat), had now recovered from her 'rude awakening' and was still sitting on the (white) toilet seat, wondering what was going on.  Yes, the guest had almost sat on the cat!
Me thinks that the toilet light will be on all night from now on!
3 Replies 3

@Terri38 that story gave me a chuckle. Though your poor guest must have got the fright of her life!

My upstairs neighbour has 2 cats that love sitting on the balcony railing & surveying the sights. Unfortunately they are very clumsy & fall off the balcony onto my terrace with regularity (no harm comes to them, apart from hurt kitty pride). The last time I was woken at 3.45am by a sad meowing cat outside & then the upstairs neighbour ringing my bell to collect him. Thankfully I didn't have a guest that night, they would not have appreciated being woken up at that time!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yikes @Terri38  yes you're right the light will go on now !!

@Rachel177 gosh that sounds awful for the cats, but they say they always land on their feet...I guess you'd know if that's true or not 🙂

@Paul1255 it's only a small drop for them, so they're never hurt. You would think that they would learn from their mistake but they've landed on my terrace 3 times in the last month. I'm sure they're running out of their 9 lives!