Women Only Setting?

Women Only Setting?

For my feeling of safety, can someone tell me if there is a setting you can choose to host women only?  

I did put it in my description, but I was hoping there was a setting that automatically blocks men.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@William810 blocking men is not discrimination if you are sharing your home.

@Priscilla150 I would put it in your house rules as well as the description then you should be OK if you need Airbnb to cancel a rogue man booking.

@Priscilla150   As long as you're only hosting Private Room rentals where you share living space with guests, you're allowed to have a women-only listing as per the terms of the Nondiscrimination Policy. However, Airbnb does not have a setting that blocks users from viewing, requesting, or Instant-Booking any listing  based on their gender identity. All you can do is state clearly in your listing that it's available exclusively to female guests, keep Instant Book turned off, and engage each guest in some discussion before you decide whether to accept a request. You might also consider changing your listing title to indicate that it's women-only. 

I don't know if this will come up for you as an issue, but Airbnb expects hosts in the US to respect the gender identity and pronouns that the guests designate on their profiles, no matter what sex they were assigned at birth.  If a female-identified guest happens to be transgender, that may not be considered an acceptable basis to treat her differently from a cis-gendered female.