Work on greater security when receiving guests in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.

Jany34
Level 2
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia

Work on greater security when receiving guests in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hi Quincy,

AirBnB claims to be constantly working to provide maximum security to all members of its community. By submitting your credentials, you are helping us build trust within the community.

Therefore, before arranging an accommodation reservation, you need to send the host your EU digital COVID-19 certificate (2 or 3 vaccinations).

For the purpose of the above, hosts should be allowed to add point 4. -EU digital COVID-19 certificate (2 or 3 vaccinations).

in:

WHAT IS ALL NECESSARY FOR CONTRACTING A RESERVATION

Before booking, you will need to enter some information so that the hosts know who they expect and how to get in touch with you:

1. name and surname
  2. e-mail address
  3. confirmed phone number
  4. EU digital COVID-19 certificate (2 or 3 vaccinations).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to a very unpleasant experience this summer when AirBnB did not follow its booking cancellation rules, when a guest reported COVID-19 infection himself;

I am looking for additional opportunities that AirBnB should open for the purpose of greater security when receiving guests.

I am fully aware of the fact that such restrictions placed by the host on his ad will reduce reservations, but I believe that the health of other guests in my house and my family is more important than more money.

I expect that the leadership of AirBnB will continue to follow its promises to care for the AirBnB community:  to be constantly working to provide maximum security to all members of its community.

Host

Jany HANSAL

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jany34 

Name and surname , e-mail address, confirmed phone number are items already inside the profile.

The emailadr en phonenr are not communicated before a booking is confirmed.

sending proof of COVID vaccination is privacy issue.

Jany34
Level 2

Dear Emiel1,

Are you a host or a guest?

My text on the forum was supposed to show the owners of AirBnB that they did not respect their provisions, in the part when the guest voluntarily reported their COVID infection (a few days after booking), because then AirBnB should to CANCEL the reservation of such guest.

The guest crossed the border with an antigen test, and as he stayed in one place for about a week and only after that they came to us, their antigen test was invalid.

When asked to repeat the test, the guest refused and endangered our other 14 guests.

Up to date, AirBnB has not apologized for its omission nor has it allowed hosts to enter mandatory “EU digital COVID certificates” for each family member for “Instant Reservation” purposes.

Since the EU digital COVID certificate is your personal travel document and you should definitely hand it in when crossing the border and register at the facility (hotel or private accommodation, or restaurant, etc.) where the guest wants to stay, just as you need to submit your travel document (Passport, or ID card or driver's license, etc.), and which data, the host will have to enter into the State guest registration system.

If you don’t want to, you won’t be able to travel or be a guest and get accommodation or enter to the restaurant.

The same if if you don’t want to get vaccinated, expect to be fired very soon, and then make yourself Don Quixote “fight” with your thesis, how is it a matter of privacy.

Thank you.

@Emiel1  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jany34  Emiel is a host, which you could easily check for yourself by clicking on his profile. 

Quincy does not work for Airbnb, he is simply one of the forum moderators, they do not have any say over Airbnb policy. 

This feedback should be given directly to Airbnb. But I can tell you right now that hosts will bever be given a guest's personal info before a booking is confirmed.

If you want more control over who is booking with you, turn off Instant Book so you can dialogue with guests before deciding whether to accept or decline their booking.

Jany34
Level 2

This feedback should be sent directly to Airbnb. Thanks for your comment. I was aware that this feedback should be sent directly to Airbnb, but how I thought that Quincy works for Airbnb, I turned to him. To which address can I send an objection to the work of AirBnB related to this case when they did not cancel the reservation, when the guest voluntarily reported his infection and unfortunately passed the border control at the Croatian border with an invalid antigen certificate. When scanning their two certificates, we saw that they were not valid.

Thanks This feedback should be sent directly to Airbnb. Thanks for your comment. I was aware that this feedback should be sent directly to Airbnb, but how I thought that Quincy works for Airbnb, I turned to him. To which address can I send an objection to the work of AirBnB related to this case when they did not cancel the reservation, when the guest voluntarily reported his infection and unfortunately passed the border control at the Croatian border with an invalid antigen certificate. When scanning their two certificates, we saw that they were not valid. Thanks for the help in advance. Jany 

for the help in advance.

@Sarah977