Worried about incoming guest

Eva140
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Worried about incoming guest

Hi there, 

I am an AirbBnB host and have been for about 5 months. So far I have really enjoyed the experience and have had lovely, respectful guests. I only take guests who already have positive reviews. 

However, 10 days ago a guy who has 5 verifications but no reviews asked could he book and I knew I would be out of town anyway so said yes against a gut feeling. 

I sent him a friendly instruction email yesterday telling him how to get into the flat as I will not be there to check him in in person. He did not reply. I have a cat who the guests feed so I am feeling a little worried as this person was already due to check in today but still has not contacted me. I have sent him a 2nd message today asking him to confirm his arrival as if he can't come I will have to make alternative arrangements for somebody to feed the cat (I will also have to get my keys removed from my safebox outside my property). Still, no reply. 

I did an internet search of his name and I can't find him, no twitter, instagram or facebook accounts which is worrying me. To be fair, I don't actually have any social media presence either but I know that most people do. 

Has anybody been in this position before? Or indeed is there any new scams I should know about? I'm probably being neurotic but it is a little odd. 

Any advice welcome. 

Thanks 

Eva

16 Replies 16
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

I guess we all have different ideas of what "vacation" means to us!

Maria2919
Level 2
County Louth, Ireland

you have no social media but are suspicious because someone else doesnt? this sounds very rude and judgemental double standards.