Yet another odd message from guest

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Yet another odd message from guest

I feel like this guest meant to book with @Laura2592   She usually gets these types of requests.
Guest (no previous communication, headcount is 2): Hi do you happen to have a few folding tables and chairs for rental?

my listing is showing a big table with at least 10 chairs around it. I definitely have enough seating for two. Or is she just looking for a rental place and thought I could help. I messaged to clarify. I am thinking more likely then not she is planning something at my house and didn’t think it was important to share because if they don’t spend the night, they don’t count as guests, right? Not. 

10 Replies 10
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Perhaps she and her partner plan to do some quiet quilting and need the extra table for that? Oh, right, but the chairs... 

Yes, @Inna22 , I agree. "This guest is more suited to @Laura2592 ."  😉

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Inna22  it sounds like something I would get asked!

Maybe there is a brunch or bingo game on the agenda?

Yes, @Laura2592 and @Inna22 ! With imaginary friends, who you don't have to put on the reservation! That will be it. 

Or a séance. Chairs for the ghosts. They don't count either. 

Excellent @Lawrene0, I was also thinking a séance! 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

😄

Did they book.... or just enquired?

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Inna22 allllll of my recent guests want to book for 2-4 people in order to visit with their very large, extended family (who presumably all live in actual homes that could host guests) at my place!!! Ummmm sure, but there's going to be a charge for that. What? No. We couldn't possibly pay more. Well, ok, off to the marriott for you, goodbye, thank you. I'm so tired of this particular conversation.

Last night's booker suddenly had a tragic car accident when he received my rental contract and could I please just cancel their booking that had party written all over it? Oh.dear. but no...

People have been cooped up at home for too long and it shows!!!

@Kelly149 I think the pandemic has made people forget how to person. I have never had as many problems in 4 years of hosting as I have in the past month. 

@Alexandra316 seriously... it's like they've all forgotten how to consider another person beyond themselves. Sure, you want to see people and do things, you're making up for lost time. But so is everyone else!! I've got enough going on in my world, I'm not about to tackle your problems for free. I may not even want to tackle their problems for $$, but certainly not for free.

I think with a small percentage of guests, you might @Kelly149, (@Inna22  &  @Alexandra316)  be on to something. They want us to do the legwork within their stay in the city, for them.... I’m not a tourist information centre nor inclined to recommend a particular taxi company or Uber or a rental vehicle company, but these are questions including bus routes that I’ve been asked lately. I can’t help it if rental vehicles are currently expensive. We are all capable of browsing the Internet. I spent quite a bit of time today researching for an “international bubble” enquiry.

However, my other guests are just happy to be somewhere............ 😁😁🎉

BUT more and more are reunion-styled holidays than in the past. Parents and adult kids all coming to town/city for a get together and look around.     Kind of: let’s choose a safe place where Covid19 isn’t prevalent and we can all arrive and have our family time.

The other scenario is family arriving to visit family who live in the city/town. Much less interaction with hosts, as they are preoccupied with family - which is totally okay!  But definitely more asking to have visitors (family) without the special requests..... so far! 😉  💝

Jenni-and-Robert0
Level 5
Kinlochleven, United Kingdom

Sounds really dodge......good luck with that.... warning bells.....