What to do?!?!

55 Replies 55
Winnie14
Level 1
Aalborg, Denmark

I have the same problem

I ave the same problem as well.

Delete. Double post.

Had same problem. But just a 20 minunte phone call to the help centre and problem is resolved. Even way easier than the other user on here that said they took 3 calls to take care of it. Only 1 call and done! Problem gone!

Andras5
Level 1
Utrecht, Netherlands

I received the same message as well.

Luke77
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Same 😞

It is refusing to accept a UK phone number, I have an older account that already has a US number associated with it.

Leonardo140
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

same 😞

Bumping this thread for receiving the same error.  I use a service that forwards SMS + calls to my local SIM when on the move.  Ironically, my bank is fine with this number, but AirBnB is not.

Daniel813
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

Same here,

Seems Airbnb doesn't care about this small bug. One way to circumvent this is to send guests real number once tey book the place

Phil68
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Same issue here with a Dutch mobile number.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

No idea if this will work:

ABB Head office is in the USA so what would your number be if called from the USA

If anyone in the USA called the UK they would omit the 1st zero and add 44 as the international dialing code.

Andrea900
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

same problem with UK number

I am trying to signup in airbnb. It is not accepting my mobile number. It is a German number. 

There are 2 situations

1. When I enter the phone number in Profile - Phone number - verify, it says You'll need to use a different phone number, we can't support this one

2. When I try to finish the verfication process after adding the identification document it asks for photo. Then it asks phone number to send a link. The message thereafter is -

We sent you a message. Tap the link in that text message to continue on our mobile app. If you have trouble, you can always come back here to finish.

I never got the message.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Sivani0

Are you adding the international dialing code for Germany