You must update the property type

Ivan601
Level 1
San Jose, CA

You must update the property type

For those of you that received emails about updating your property type, not sure if you are running into this error when trying to relist:

You must update the property type of the listing before activating it.

I've updated multiple times but keep getting this error.

12 Replies 12
Jude41
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

My property has now been delisted as I was unable to update the property type on my listing - it is due to a technical issue at Airbnb - and they are unable to tell me when it will be fixed - so I'm losing potential bookings at the busiest time of the year!

Miranda138
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Oh, so I’m not alone! This error and my many inconclusive correspondence with Air BnB is infuriating. Has anyone found a solution?

No luck at all - my property has been delisted for 5 days now!

I'm still delisted - 8 days now!

have they sorted this for you now? - i'm still delisted!

Mindaugas11
Level 1
Vilnius, Lithuania

My property delisted also... Even though I've changed property type as soon as got the email...

Jude41
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Is this sorted for you now?  I'm delisted 18 days now and can get no help from Airbnb support 

Miranda138
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi, my place was finally relisted, the wonderful tech support at Air BnB called Rommel kept in touch until the problem was solved. I have a room in our house/cottage. Earlier in the year when I joined Air BnB I think I clicked on bed& breakfast instead of private room. Anyway to solve the issue, discuss with tech folk and do as they say to change the property type. Change to whatever type you originally listed as, wait 5 days, change to whatever it should now be listed as and it should allow you to save.  Yes the Wait 5 days is a dragbut hopefully you’ll eventually be relisted 🙂

You're very fortunate - I have been delisted for nearly 3 weeks now and have spoken to 13 different support people - none of whom are able to help me - perhaps Rommel could call me!

Peta7
Level 10
Johannesburg, South Africa

Changing the property from B&B to another property type is easy enough with the very short list of available choices under Listing details / Property and Guests after receiving an E Mail notification of changes required, however once de-listed experience taught that it could prove rather difficult to have a listing reinstated, we believe, making relisting from scratch a viable option.

Peta7
Level 10
Johannesburg, South Africa

We run a small Boarding House (a Private residence as per International definition) making business or any other registration/ affiliation impracticable.

Out of a total of 4 listed Bedrooms only one is being reviewed as a B&B, being the closest description available on the platform.

We also receive messages as of recent re Host Verification.... after hosting for 5 years on the platform and at the moment busy hosting a local Guest from Soweto with a profile indicating he is from Russia.....? 

Brian1584
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb is bust - eggs in one basket...