Zero Stars Review Confusing

Answered!
Kristi36
Level 5
St Paul, MN

Zero Stars Review Confusing

I just hosted my first guests, and all seemed to go very weel.  My guest seemed to really struggle with communicating with/through the app. I mentioned that I would be grateful for a review and that Airbnb would prompt him and lead him through the review process, yet  he seems to have "messed it up." Before leaving, he and his family (7 people/three nights) expressed great satisfaction and gratefulness. His review (only one sentence) failed to include any stars at all. It's as if he wrote the text and then skipped the rest of the review process. I How can that be? I don't know if anyone has answers for that or has experienced it before? I wish the review process would only be considered complete if the reviewer actually gives star ratings.  I felt confident he would give a 5-star rating, and I feel sad at having missed out on this for the sake of attracting other guests and achieving Superhost status. Maybe airbnb could prompt someone with a message: "It looks like you forgot to complete some sections of your review!"  Some new users may simply not understand the importance of this, or may exit before completing it? I'm wondering if this could be the case, and if so, a solution within the software?

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I think you have nothing to worry about, @Kristi36. Did you take a look under Stats? Do stars show up with the review there? As @Gordon0 says, the stars don't show on your listing until you have three reviews. Here is the long answer: How Star Ratings Work 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kristi36

It's certainly a shame as it's your first review - and although short and concise, it's a good one. You will find, if you are lucky, that around 80% of your guests leave reviews - the others just don't bother - not because they didn;t love the place, but life moves on a pace at the end of your holiday. It's a good start!

But does it even count toward my reviews since they skipped the stars? Thanks!

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I don't believe you can see the star ratings on your very first rating if memory serves.  

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I think you have nothing to worry about, @Kristi36. Did you take a look under Stats? Do stars show up with the review there? As @Gordon0 says, the stars don't show on your listing until you have three reviews. Here is the long answer: How Star Ratings Work 

Ha! Ha! Thank you! I guess I'm the one who "doesn't get it." Boy do I feel foolish. Thanks everyone!

Anton14
Level 2
Temecula, CA

I know what you mean. I have 12 great reviews but 0 stars

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Anton14,

At the moment there's one property on your profile and that property doesn't have reviews yet.

It looks like you had other listings that are no longer on your profile, hence the 12 great reviews.

Stars are associated with listings rather than hosts' profiles so when your current listing gets 3 reviews you should then see star ratings on its page.

Steve.