accommodation

Keith489
Level 1
Auckland, NZ

accommodation

Maui Sands

In writing this I want you to understand we had a good time and loved the apartment for what it was not how it was advertised.

When I searched this apartment in Maui I was ok with an older building as long as the unit was clean and had been re-furbished  within two or three years, this one is mis-represented by the add that we read in Airbnb.

The opening words are

Complete re-model down to the furnishings and appliances, this is NOT CORRECT and the reasons why.

A complete re-model when ? thats what clients need to know. New appliances up to two years old would be acceptable not 8 to 10 years up. I checked the manufacturer date on them.

Appliances

Frigidaire Fridge 2011

Frigidaire dishwasher not sure this model over 10 years

Whirlpool oven 2010 one hot plate doesn’t work

Toaster one side doesn’t work at all the other side the elements gone on one side and only toasts one side.

The unit is very tired in need of re-furbishment, I can guarantee this place has not been painted for at least ten years, furnishings are very tired and are not as advertised.

I question the tiles I do not believe these are new at least as old as the appliances.

The lounge furniture is very tired old and dusty. The main bedroom furniture and headboard is also very old, with older cane furniture the dust collects between the cane, the only way to fix this is to wash it and brush it out, it’s not possible to clean it with normal dusting, this is no reflection on the cleaner who is very good, these cane units need a full clean.

All the glass sliding door wardrobes are rusty at the bottom, I have full photographs.

When we arrived we were surprised it was not as advertised, however the location is great and we had a nice stay, what we paid for and what was advertised is not correct and the add needs to be changed to be more accurate for future guests.

I hope you take these comments constructive and positive as we base our holiday decisions on the correctness of the adds.

Kind regards Keith and Dara German

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Keith489 you have posted on a public Airbnb community forum. It is very unlikely that your hosts, or other potential guests, will see your post.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Keith489  I'm not sure how you ended up posting this here, but what you need to do is to send this to the host of the listing. You can do that on your message stream from when you booked, or you could have done it in th private fedback part of the review form.