add a guest for part of a stay

Jimmy10
Level 1
Wilmington, NC

add a guest for part of a stay

I have a couple that is wanting to stay at my place with their mother as 3 guests

she booked the space for 3 guests for a week and now she is saying that her mother can only stay for 4 of those nights

I don't see a way to charge her for the additional guest for just a few nights is there a function I am not seeing

should I tell her to make two seperate bookings and wave the second cleaning fee?

whats the best way to handle this?

6 Replies 6

Charge the nightly surcharge for the extra guest within the Resolution Centre

so just divide the extra cost out over the nightly rate?

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you have a charge per extra guest, then multiply this by the number of nights she will be staying. Then go to the Reservation and Send a Special Offer for the TOTAL cost of all accomodation for the group, plus your cleaning fee. 

Do not add the AirBnB service charge - they will do this automatically.

Your guest will need to accept the Special Offer and make sure they do - otherwise you will just get the original amount. 

We always email the guest letting them know that we have sent through the Special Offer and that they need to accept it  to make it valid.

should I cancel the already made reservation first?

The other option is to go to the reservation and alter it to ask for the additional funds. They still have to accept your "Alteration Request"

If I add a guest for even 1 night, and it is over my threshold of 8, they get charged for the entire booking.