adding cleaning fees to the payout rule

Miguel287
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

adding cleaning fees to the payout rule

How to add a cleaning fees to the payout rule

13 Replies 13

@Miguel287, I am going to figure that you would like to add a cleaning fee to your listing.

(If I am wrong, please let me know what you do mean.)

1. Go to your Host Dashboard and select the "Listings" page
  2. Choose the listing you want to work with and press the "Manage listing" button for that listing.
  3. In the Manage Listing page, select the "Pricing" tab
  4. In the "Pricing" tab, there is a section labelled "Extra charges" (you need to scroll down)
  5. Press the "Edit" button for the "Extra charges" section
  6. Set the "Cleaning fee" here
  7. Don't forget to press the "Save" button after you have made your changes.

Miguel287
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

no. no. it is already set up. What I do really want is to set up n the rule for splitting the amount which one of the account has the cleaning fee to go to. For example: in one of the properties I do the cleaning and I want the fees to go to my acount, but in the future somebody else could do it and I will ask the rule to send the cleaning fee to their account. It depends on who does it.

Thanks.

@Miguel287 sorry for guessing incorrectly!

And thank you for letting me know what you mean.

For a given listing, you can choose which host gets the cleaning fee.

1. Go to your Host Dashboard and select the "Listings" page
  2. Choose the listing you want to work with and press the "Manage listing" button for that listing.
  3. Select the "Co-hosts" tab
  4. Assuming you have already set up your co-hosts, find the co-host you want and click the "Turn on shared earnings" link
  5. In the dialog box that appears, at the bottom under "Cleaning fees" there is a checkbox labelled "Pay cleaning fees to this co-host". If you want the cleaning fees for this listing to go to this co-host, check this box.

Is it possible to have a co-host who earns a % of the fee, and a cleaner co-host who earns the cleaner fee?

It seems I can't set my cleaner up to receive payouts without cancelling my hosts payouts!

Does this tab still exist?

Hello, the "Turn on shared earnings" link is no longer there. Has the ability to send the cleaning fee to someone been removed?

James1087
Level 1
Alpharetta, GA

I cannot find the link for "Turn on shared earnings".

I have added the payment split, but nowhere does it say cleaning fee?

Christina536
Level 1
Kansas City, MO

I am unable to find the share earning info needed so I can enable it..... any help?

Nora133
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Splitting the cleaning fee used to be available. This option was removed last year. Recently a method was added to split or route pay out methods. Unfortunately it will split by percentage and not buy specific amounts or is cleaning fees.

I spoke directly with help  and was told there is no solution at this time. I was encouraged to submit feedback to the following:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback 

I was told:  Airbnb monitors all feedback sent using that  method with great attention. 

I did submit feedback that way and I encourage you to do the same. 

I want this option too and just sent feedback to them about it!

Gavin7
Level 2
Cullowhee, NC

It's lame when they give us features and then take them away without a substitute. I would love to be able to pay my cleaners with the cleaning fee and give a percentage to my co-host. 

Maria15423
Level 1
Arcata, CA

Super lame that they tool this option away! I just set up a new cleaner as a co-host specifically with the desire to give her the cleaning fee as payout... 

Paulo990
Level 2
Spartanburg, SC

Yes this is pretty silly. You'd assume only one host would be in-charge of cleaning or managing cleaners. It makes no sense to split this expense as part of the profit.