advice please: guest trashed the house / police called

Mary540
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

advice please: guest trashed the house / police called

hi there,

ugh. have been hosting our heritage property for 6 months or so now and this is my first bad experience. traveler booked and within a few hours of check-in the police had been called, my neighbors let me know there was a lot of door slamming, etc.i was not in town but i emailed her to see if everyting was ok and reminded her it was a residential neighborhood. heard from a neighbor the next morning that the party went on until about 4 am. told her again to keep it down and got no more noise complaints but my cleaning woman came in to find the place smelling like weed, trash on the floor, vomit in the toilet, etc. she is going to charge me extra for cleaning. wondering if i should go directly t the guest who was very polite and respectful over email about the charge, airbnb, or give up in advance. would also appreciate any suggestions on reviews. we are new and really want this to work out but also have no interest in parties.

thanks!

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Whichever of your two listings they stayed at you've got "no parties" over there, @Mary540. Request money for extra cleaning from them. If not accepted (=declined), file a claim on their security deposit through the Resolution Center.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Mary540
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

Thanks Marzena! They stayed at the actual historical landmark in LA which is why I'm particularly angry. I will ask them for money and then assume I will leave them a bad review so no one else has to deal with it. If they leave me a bad review for that, will it lower my rating or will Airbnb not post it? How does that work?