air bnb said I cancelled a reservation that I was never told about/accepted..

Lainey0
Level 2
Austin, TX

air bnb said I cancelled a reservation that I was never told about/accepted..

Has this ever happened to you?

I got an inquiry about a woman wanting to book my place for her co-worker. Was already going to say no because, who's really going to stay there?

I went to send my message to her and my dashboard updated saying that I canceled someone elses reservation for the same dates. I never booked anyone for the dates. Mind you, all of these requests are saying 3/11-3/14 when 3/14 is already blocked off. Are my numbers going to go down because or this? I didn't even get a notification about the second request/didn't accept anything for it so I don't understand how it says cancelled. Is this normal?

Thank you

6 Replies 6
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Lainey0

Something is off here...
Although a accidental cancelation is not impossible it would count against you and show up on your reviews (which is not, yet)... Did you receive any email saying about the cancelation or you actually see it or your app/webpage?
If this came via email it could be spoofing, or somebody imitating Airbnb to gain access on your account...
In both cases I recommend contacting Airbnb immediately to clarify the situation...

If it was cancelled by the guest you will not have any troubles...

Luis

@Luis-and-Tati0 @Dave &Deb

Thank you all, I apologize I may have overreacted a little bit. My inbox did look like your screen shot last night, but when I checked again this morning that canceled inquiry had disappeared. I am wondering if the guest cancelled their inquiry when they saw some of the dates were blocked. It just scared me because it was on my dashboard, and in my inbox as a canceled reservation. 

Will keep an eye out and screen shot if it happens again, and call airbnb to ask what's going on.

Thank you for all of your help!

great! glad you sorted it out...

Tineke1
Level 5
Wellington, New Zealand

I lost my superhost status because according to Airbnb (email) I canceled a booking. I have NEVER canceled a booking, I have always responded to a request well within the required time and have always had good reviews...WHAT IS GOING ON?????

I was told by Airbnb that I cancelled a reservation...I have NEVER canceled a reservation!!! Still uncertain how on earth to get hold of Airbnb...I mean a PERSON to find out what happened here...I seem to have lost my superhost status because of this and I have nothing but GOOd reviews!!! Have never cancelled and always responded very quickly well within the required time...what is happening...??? 

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Lainey0,

Could you please provide a screenshot?  Where is it showing cancelled?  I think you are confusing something you think you cancelled with a reservation inquiry which was cancelled.  It could be that the person inquiring cancelled their inquiry which could show as "cancelled"  

Does it say cancelled in your messages like my screenshot below.  

Also, sometimes, people want to book your place and then they need to go through financials and Airbnb will hold the dates on your calendar for 24 hours to give the guest a chance to get payment setup.  If that person does not get their payment setup in time, it will cancel and put "cancelled beside their name.  Many people miss these situations especially if they do not look at their calendar everyday.  If you could provide a screenshot, people will be provide a more accurate answer for you.  Like @Luis-and-Tati0 already mentioned, I do not think you cancelled anything because if you did, an automatic review would be posted on your account and there is not one.

cancelled.png

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host