airbnb app error message

Answered!
Tiwana0
Level 3
Marlo, Australia

airbnb app error message

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with the airbnb app? I had it downloaded on my iphone 6 then one day it just decided to give me an error message and I can no longer log on. I have deleted and re downloaded app several times but it still gives me the same message saying something like can not find or connect to host server... This is strange given that all my other apps are working.

If anyone can help I'd appreicate it ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers, 

Tiwana 

1 Best Answer

I had the same issue. It only worked with wifi. Then I discovered it wasn't working with cellular data (3G/4G etc). Fixed it by going into settings/mobile data scroll down to find airbnb icon and use mobile data in the app (switch to green). Not sure why it was as switched off but it's working now so Easy fix!

View Best Answer in original post

130 Replies 130

hola soy Florencia scarella anfitriona de mas de 80 propiedades en Bariloche, estoy hace un mes con un reclamo que no me deja cargar mas metodos de pagos para los nuevos propietarios y no logro que me solucionen, alguien tiene algun contacto que no sea el centro de ayuda..

este es el error que me tira

Vaya, parece que no podemos enviar los datos de pago y completar el proceso.
  • Lamentablemente, no se ha podido completar tu solicitud debido a un error del servidor. Es posible que la pรกgina de Airbnb estรฉ en mantenimiento o que se haya agotado el tiempo de espera de la conexiรณn. Por favor, vuelve a intentarlo
Shaun112
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I constantly cannot open the AirBnb App.

Says error and cannot connect. Itโ€™s only  the calendar and the listing which wonโ€™t open.

i am fed up with not being able to get help from anyone. AirBnb should have some  back or help line. They raking in a piles of cash with no client service whatsoever.

Im looking for an alternative.

Shaun Andreasen 

Greenford Cottage (AirBnb Plus / Super Host)

Newlands Cape Town 

Ian570
Level 2
Surrey, Canada

Me Too

Ian570
Level 2
Surrey, Canada

Me too

Russell169
Level 1
Kimberley, United Kingdom

I've deleted the app on my previous phone and re installed onto my new phone Samsung a50 but just keeps buffering and wont load. tried changing password but still no joy?

@Tiwana0 

My experience....

The APP is discriminatory / badly developed.

It only works on iphone 8's and above - surely the developers should be back coding older models as a default.

It is sort of financial racism - have the latest phone or you can't use the app.

Login is not possible you name it, can't use it you need 14.0 software or above and you can't have that on an iphone 6 for example.

ZERO effort is needed in making it backward compatible.

I am a host and am now potentially in a difficult situation, as I can't get alerts on my phone / communicate whilst out.

VERY BAD CODING - basic you always make it backward compatible.

Shane6
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

Im having the same issue, the desktop site works fine but the ios app just gives the same error message over and over again when you attentp to login.

"could not connect to the sever"

Can anyone please advise? Ive also tried restarting, deleting, re-downloading

Eti3
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I've got it now, it happened very briefly about a month ago then sorted itself out but now, instead of the normal pink Airbnb colour the screen is light green and once I put in my password the sign in button just doesn't respond so I can't log in on the app. I've deleted and downloaded again and again. I don't know what to do. Anyone else experienced this? How did you solve it?
I have spoken to Airbnb yesterday but they didn't know what I was on about.
Lucas28
Level 2
Aspraggeli, Greece

I am having the same problem, on a computer I log in OK but on the smart phone when I enter the password I get this message over and over again "could not connect to server"

Since I am a lot on the road it would really be helpfull if this app works properly!!

Lucas Greece

Lucas

"Something went wrong with your request" is the message I get repeatedly when I try to open my app.   Wasting hours looking for a way to solve the problem and coming up with zero. Going away for a month and would like to be able to deal with any requests etc on the move.  Any ideas gratefully received.

Hello

I just have a same problem, could you help me to solve it please

Thanks,

@Elaine1 

Were you able to resolve this? If so, I'd be please to hear how

This is the message I get. It started when I ran out of space on Google and had to add GB. Two hours on the phone with AirBnB with no luck. No problems logging in on browser, jut the App. Uninstaller and reinstalled twice.

Natalia29
Level 1
Laufen, Switzerland

I have the same issue with the app! I don't know how I'll do when travelling... I did all what was described above - no success! let me know if you figure out how to solve it!

You won't believe it but it worked when I logged in with my google account instead... I had to agree my data (e.g. my contacts) would be collected ๐Ÿ˜ I'm not particularly happy about it but I really need to be logged!