airbnb app error message

Answered!
Tiwana0
Level 3
Marlo, Australia

airbnb app error message

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with the airbnb app? I had it downloaded on my iphone 6 then one day it just decided to give me an error message and I can no longer log on. I have deleted and re downloaded app several times but it still gives me the same message saying something like can not find or connect to host server... This is strange given that all my other apps are working.

If anyone can help I'd appreicate it 🙂

Cheers, 

Tiwana 

1 Best Answer

I had the same issue. It only worked with wifi. Then I discovered it wasn't working with cellular data (3G/4G etc). Fixed it by going into settings/mobile data scroll down to find airbnb icon and use mobile data in the app (switch to green). Not sure why it was as switched off but it's working now so Easy fix!

View Best Answer in original post

130 Replies 130

Using google gmail login....took 3 hours to login. Airbnb must NOT have enough servers to handle all their phone connections. May be using an old soviet satellite from the 60's.

Ding1
Level 1
Weston, MA

I had the same issue when I used my mobile data (4G or LTE).

However, if I use wifi, it works.

This is not good since I will not have wifi when I am on the road.

I could not find Airbnb technical support contact info from airbnb website, please send this info to Airbnb technical support if someone know how to do it.

Since "support" in general doesn't seem to be in the Airbnb corporate vocabulary, I doubt there's an accessible place to get technical support!  I'm still having this problem.

Same here
Although this is about Airbnb's technical issue, nobody can serve us.
In my case:
I can login by using my desktop computer and my iPhone.
But it is not allwed to login if I use my Android tablet.

Is AirBnB still sleeping on this and nobody wants to help?? I wonder cause now I figure out that many users who make business (generate cash) for AirBnB didn‘t get helped either....

@Klf0

Your a bold girl, but I like your comment.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

Jason79
Level 1
Boston, MA

I tried deleting the app and redownloading it back onto my iphone. The app won't download back onto my phone! 😕

Same with me - twice in the past month. No help given by Airbnb support. So frustrating. No problems with other Apps.

Same problem here 😞 I do not know how to comunicate this to airbnb!

YEAH, I had the same useless rep. she had no idea what i was saying and then finally said she'd open up a ticket. sounds like they don't care. even though I"m a super HOSt. I give them profit; so why can't they make this a priority? they take their cut regardles... I should be able to take my fee back from them ... for NOT being helpful. 

Jason80
Level 1
Boise, ID

Sounds like everyone is having the same problem. Not sure if Airbnb looks at this community collaborative. Obviously there is a problem but not sure how to get it addressed. How many of us are on an iPhone 6 or 6plus?

I have a new Galaxy S8; just got it replaced and can't seem to log into many of my things. Snapchat included ... 

I am one - iPhone 6 plus - but the App has been fine most of the time up untill past month. My iPhone is also newly updated.

I am!

6 plus, same problem.

looked like it was starting up for about 1 sec, then close like nothing ever happend.

tried to delete the app for nearly 25 time and it responded in the same way.

finally got it uninstalled yesterday, but now I cant get it reinstalled! it workes fine on my other iphone 6 and ipads.