airbnb app error message

Answered!
Tiwana0
Level 3
Marlo, Australia

airbnb app error message

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with the airbnb app? I had it downloaded on my iphone 6 then one day it just decided to give me an error message and I can no longer log on. I have deleted and re downloaded app several times but it still gives me the same message saying something like can not find or connect to host server... This is strange given that all my other apps are working.

If anyone can help I'd appreicate it 🙂

Cheers, 

Tiwana 

1 Best Answer

I had the same issue. It only worked with wifi. Then I discovered it wasn't working with cellular data (3G/4G etc). Fixed it by going into settings/mobile data scroll down to find airbnb icon and use mobile data in the app (switch to green). Not sure why it was as switched off but it's working now so Easy fix!

View Best Answer in original post

130 Replies 130
Dale27
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

It remains unresolved as of today - so not fixed! Be nice if it was then I could continue my bookings otherwise I'm just going to a hotel today - one simply does not have the time to deal with it when traveling, traveling is hard enough ! AIRBNB need a faster hot line, and not just for this issue (there is something deeply frustrating about platform only providers  when issues surface) 

Emma184
Level 2
Kingsfold, United Kingdom

Hi airbnb please help I can't access app on iPad as getting network error message. Please tell me how to resolve asap. Thanks. Emma

Emma184
Level 2
Kingsfold, United Kingdom

Hi airbnb please help I can't access app on iPad as getting network error message. Please tell me how to resolve asap. Thanks. Emma

Im having this issue. I have been receiving this message everyday for weeks now. Ive also had trouble with guests not receiving my messages! Making me question whether I continue to use aribnb as it is losing me business and making me look unprofessional!

Dale27
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Yep, same problem also, extremely inconvenient and irritating ! I'm on an iPhone 5 and it only works when I'm on WIFI otherwise it says 'error' reconnect to the internet - but I'm on the internet! AIRBNB please fix asap - would be enormously appreciated or post immediate advise. Best Dale

Vlado4
Level 1
Skopje, Macedonia

I have similar problem, the only difference is that when i try to log on my Android App, i receive error message "invalide login credentials" and i use the same credentials to log on the Airbnb website and it works normaly. and it doesn't matter if its on Wi-Fi or on mobile data, the error message is the same.

do someone have any solution for this issue?

regards Vlado 

Andres58
Level 1
Montevideo, Uruguay

Same situation, login ok in desktop, but not in app until I tried with wifi and data turned off..not good 

I find that the Airbnb app for IOS is unreliable. Late last year I installed an update and doing that deleted all my trip details. The previous day I was unable to check the address and contact details of the host with whom I was staying that night because somehow the app thought that the booking was not confirmed. Airbnb points out that all responsibility for problems with accommodation lies with the host. However, it seems unwilling to accept that responsibility for the proper functioning of Airbnb software lies with Airbnb and that when its software malfunctions guests need to have some means of contacting Airbnb itself to sort out the problem. 

I wonder why AirBnB isn't moderating this and responding. I would think it would be worth their effort to at least say "We apologize, are aware and are working on it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention." With the money they spend on advertising, promotion and everything else, this would cost them very little to let us know they are listening.

I so agree!

I agree, but the failure to monitor messages and respond is consistent with a mindset reflected in their business model that, come what may, Airbnb is not responsible; If anything goes wrong, responsibility lies 100% with host and/or guests. 

I had the same issue. It only worked with wifi. Then I discovered it wasn't working with cellular data (3G/4G etc). Fixed it by going into settings/mobile data scroll down to find airbnb icon and use mobile data in the app (switch to green). Not sure why it was as switched off but it's working now so Easy fix!

all of my cellular data was already turned on for airbnb app...still not working.

Same with me. IPhone 6S

Thank you so much for this!