airbnb app error message

Answered!
Tiwana0
Level 3
Marlo, Australia

airbnb app error message

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with the airbnb app? I had it downloaded on my iphone 6 then one day it just decided to give me an error message and I can no longer log on. I have deleted and re downloaded app several times but it still gives me the same message saying something like can not find or connect to host server... This is strange given that all my other apps are working.

If anyone can help I'd appreicate it 🙂

Cheers, 

Tiwana 

1 Best Answer

I had the same issue. It only worked with wifi. Then I discovered it wasn't working with cellular data (3G/4G etc). Fixed it by going into settings/mobile data scroll down to find airbnb icon and use mobile data in the app (switch to green). Not sure why it was as switched off but it's working now so Easy fix!

View Best Answer in original post

130 Replies 130
Antonius1
Level 1
Jakarta, Indonesia

Dear Airbnb,

I've just installed your mobile application on Android but I've got an error message related to wrong credential.

Actually, it's working fine before in my iPad.

So I thought I forgot my password, so I reset my password using "forgot password" and I tried to login using my android.

But it's failed, then I tried to logout and login back using my iPad, then I cannot login to from my iPad.

But it's working fine from web, I still can access my account thru web.

Is there who can help my problem, or might be any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone!

Got the same problem on my Andorid. Shows me the "Error while Logging in" notification, even though all my information is correct. Get the same notification no matter Wi-fi or mobile data acsses. Works on the web site. So annoying, especaially since I just got started with airbnb. Hope they can fix this! 

Cheers!

Hi,

They are not doing anything regarding this.Though there is lots of complaints regarding this.No use still the same issue.

Lidia63
Level 1
Miami, FL

I have problem, please i need help!!!!

Network Error We could not reach your network 

This is the text showed the APP when i try to answer to guest.

Sometime I have lost  reservations because i am out the house and I can used the App to answer

Please Help me 

Exactly same message for me when tryong to connect to MEssages in the app. 

Every other functionnalities are working.

Please Help !

James557
Level 1
United Kingdom

my android phone required a factory reset and i can only assume at the time that my airbnb account was logged into the app. on reinstalling the app i'm unable to login to the service. as noted above, i can login to the website without issue. however, the app proved to be a far more convenient platform to both make bookings and communicate. looks like i'll be stuck in the vortex now -shame. hope someone finds a way to sort this out (yes airbnb development, i'm talking to you! ;))

jim

I was fine (I think) until I got a new iphone 8 yesterday and now it won't log in. I have tried all the suggestions here and...nothing. It just sits there on the log in page and won't log in.

Does this perhaps something to do with iOS 11? (in this case).

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nora30,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I'm not sure if I've seen this question elsewhere, but maybe you could try the following. 

On your iPhone, please go to Settings > Type Airbnb in the search bar > check if everything is ticked. Here's a screenshot to show you how I have my settings (also from iOS 11).

Let me know if this works for you. 

Airbnb default settings.PNG

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thank you. Alas, my settings don't show anything but Siri & Search, Background App Refresh, and Cellular Data...

Still nothing...

Kristi41
Level 2
Ciudad Chemuyil, Mexico

That's fine for Apple. What about those of us who have Androids?

Mathilde50
Level 2
Paris, France

The only solution left for me was to go to Apple Store & have my phone reset to factory set!

(Even by deleting & re-installing the Airbnb app the problem did not go away!)

Sandra731
Level 1
Céret, France

Airbnb Ap on iPad cannot find locations. Tells me to clear filters

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Tiwana0

What version of iOS are you currently running on you iphone the latest version is 11.1.2 this may have something to do with it.

REgards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The problem is on my iPad which is 10.3.3 airbnb works on my iPhone 11.0.1. it seems to have a block on places I have searched and stayed before for Alicante Valencia Benidorm it can search other cities like Barcelona

I only have one message in my inbox whereas on my phone I have 3 messages.  I have deleted the app and downloade again, but still saying the same thing, rebooted my iPad but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be good