airbnb app error message

Answered!
Tiwana0
Level 3
Marlo, Australia

airbnb app error message

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with the airbnb app? I had it downloaded on my iphone 6 then one day it just decided to give me an error message and I can no longer log on. I have deleted and re downloaded app several times but it still gives me the same message saying something like can not find or connect to host server... This is strange given that all my other apps are working.

If anyone can help I'd appreicate it 🙂

Cheers, 

Tiwana 

1 Best Answer

I had the same issue. It only worked with wifi. Then I discovered it wasn't working with cellular data (3G/4G etc). Fixed it by going into settings/mobile data scroll down to find airbnb icon and use mobile data in the app (switch to green). Not sure why it was as switched off but it's working now so Easy fix!

View Best Answer in original post

130 Replies 130

I still have problem with android Airbnb app. It doesnot allow me to send msg. to the inquiry. I get a error msg. from airbnb telling me that I dont have a connection which I can msg. my guest but not the new inquiry.

Manuel364
Level 1
Brussels, Belgium

I had the same problem on an Android tablet (Lollipop).

I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled the

Airbnb 18.13 from APKmirror

That solved the problem, I guess the PlayStore app was outdated.

dude, u just saved me atleast an hour in back tracking to each individual version and trying them out until it worked.

James811
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Here's the solution I found at:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Airbnb-App-error-message-when-logging-in-quot-you-need-to/m...

Totally solved my problem - you may need to download an older version of the App.

Dianne115
Level 2
Ettrick, Australia

Does anyone know why I can’t see upcoming trips I have booked, on my iPhone but can see it on my iPad?  This is very annoying ( it’s the same account) as I would prefer to travel with my phone and not need to take my iPad as well. 

Suze7
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Hi, I have problem with sending msg. to my potential guest. here is the screen shot of Airbnb msg.

Ohh...I cant add photo.....

I have recently downloaded the Airbnb app on my iphone. But didn't work well on my iphone. My iphone slower and hangs a lot of times. After that, I uninstall this app from my iphone and restore my iphone. But now my iphone shows the iTunes error 5105 message & " Your iTunes performs abnormally."

for this, I already visit this side.

https://www.iphonesupportnumber.com/blog/fix-itunes-error-code-5105-iphoneipad/

Jose448
Level 2
Orlando, FL

I can not read the messages in my android application.
The messages are not updated.
I do not have access to my messages in the mobile application.
Try another mobile and the problem is the same.
Try another user and the problem is the same.
They have a serious problem with the mobile application for Android.

Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Still same problem.

Michelle1442
Level 1
Colfax, CA

Thanks! That worked for me too. 

Carole428
Level 2
Townsville, Australia

Ok folks, I had this massive frustration today, managed to contact via Facebook, they rang me back this evening. You will need to go into your profile and add some government ID photo and a photo of yourself, this is a new security for your account. Bingo, my account back to normal and I finally managed to make the booking I wanted. Thankyou 

Matthew113
Level 1
Reading, United Kingdom

I couldn't log in with the app after installing it on my new phone.

First I got a server error, then during subsequent tries I just got no indication of a problem at all.

If I entered the wrong password it would say there was a problem but with the right one nothing happened.

In the end support advised me to reset my password and that fixed it.

Chris1822
Level 1
Seattle, WA

On Android, I got it to work as follows:

1. Uninstall the app.

2. Run an app cleaner (I use SD maid pro).

3. Restart phone.

4. Reinstall app.

I’m getting an error message “some details cannot be downloaded because not in correct format “. This is shortform.  I have an IPhone 6S and my husband has IPhone 6.  Both showing same error.  I’ve logged out, deleted app and reloaded.  Same error.  It’s not showing breakdown of costs, extra for guests, etc.  Does work on my laptop.  My mobile data under Airbnb is green.  Any advice?   I’ve called support but nothing.  

Hi. I’m getting this same error code also. Has anyone figured out how to fix this yet?