airbnb app error message

Answered!
Tiwana0
Level 3
Marlo, Australia

airbnb app error message

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with the airbnb app? I had it downloaded on my iphone 6 then one day it just decided to give me an error message and I can no longer log on. I have deleted and re downloaded app several times but it still gives me the same message saying something like can not find or connect to host server... This is strange given that all my other apps are working.

If anyone can help I'd appreicate it 🙂

Cheers, 

Tiwana 

1 Best Answer

I had the same issue. It only worked with wifi. Then I discovered it wasn't working with cellular data (3G/4G etc). Fixed it by going into settings/mobile data scroll down to find airbnb icon and use mobile data in the app (switch to green). Not sure why it was as switched off but it's working now so Easy fix!

View Best Answer in original post

130 Replies 130
Bruno196
Level 1
Taboão da Serra, Brazil

i was having the same issue. Then I checked the data usage settings, and the airbnb app was disabled, once I've enabled it, the app just worked

Geoff36
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I am on iPhone 6 Plus. The app works fine except I get a connection error when trying to access my upcoming trips. Has gone on for 3 months now. Given the revenue they are making it's disappointing they haven't resolved this issue. Especially given the volume of complaints. 

Aliaksei0
Level 1
Miami, FL

I have the samelog-in problem.  I have so many firther trips and can not access my mobile iOS app. Unacceptable! 

Mathilde50
Level 2
Paris, France

Hello!

Please could you let me know how you resolved the problem ! Thank you in advance !

I can no longer log in via my iphone 6 but I can on my desk top!

I called Airbnb 3 times but no help !

Thank you

Louise

Go to the app settings and make sure cellular data is turned on. Then restart the app. 

Luisa77
Level 2
Sesto Fiorentino, Italy

Hello

just look if in the cellular data settings the Airbnb is turned off, so just tun it on and it would work! 

Luisa

No that isn it. Everything functions in the app except my Trips. Both iPhone and iPad. Functions fine on the desktop. This is a app fault and needs correcting. Been going for at least 6 months.

Hi Geoff, you need to go into your profile and add some government ID and a photo of yourself. It is the latest security for your account, after about 5 hours trying to figure it out today, it worked perfectly after this, good luck

Luisa77
Level 2
Sesto Fiorentino, Italy

I don't know why but with the app update it turned off automatically.

Going into the cellular setting (and not the app one!), looking into cellular data, I had just to turn Airbnb choice on and now it works perfectly.

good luck

luisa 

What is a cellular setting?

Hi All!

I just joined the community and downloaded the app to my Android. I see a lot of comments about functionality of iPhones but I am getting the error message with my Samsung. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but no good. Please help!!