airbnb coronavirus cancellation policy class action suit

Johan75
Level 2
Prague, CZ

airbnb coronavirus cancellation policy class action suit

Airbnb's decision to fully refund YOUR money to any and all guests is an outrage.  Why do hosts choose different cancellation policies?  to protect our business and income, of course.  So this unilateral action must be illegal and at least, most definitely disloyal to us, the "Partners".   And from my perspective, they took decision without dialogue with us, their "Partners".  So what if we call got together.  It's the hosting version of a labor union.  Us against the tyrants.  Strength in numbers.  

40 Replies 40
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>Just so you are aware many of the commenters here on this forum who are trying to discourage us are actually paid agents by Airbnb<<

If somebody disagrees with your POV they’re (not-so-secret) agents? 

Hilarious, @Sheila22

@Gordon0  I know.  One of them actually gave me a very clear understanding of that, and I  actually truly appreciate his transparency and candor. He actually seems like a sincerely nice person (and smart).   I can't blame these people for doing their job. At least they have a job -- so many do not right now : (

Are you on the FB page yet?  I think we are making some progress!

@Sheila22 You sound like someone who gets their information from Facebook. Good luck with that. 

@Anonymous  As I already stated, I got my information from the people who work on this forum (someone other than you).

Don't you think Hosts who are here find it suspicious that posts like this one are crawling with people like you who have no interest in the original post?  And it is the same faces, yours and few others who are on all over these posts, yet have no interest in the topic.

@Sheila22  You mean like you jumped on my post about a nice review I got from a guest several weeks ago to accuse me and all the other hosts who responded positively to that thread, of being paid shills for Airbnb? You mean the way you've jumped on tons of other posts where hosts aren't discussing a class action suit to post your links to the Facebook site about a class action suit? 

If you are going to berate other hosts for presenting a counterpoint view on a thread about a class action suit, then you should be following your own directives.

You showed up on this forum when the COVID cancellations started, and immediately started accusing hosts who have been active on this forum for years of working for Airbnb simply because they disagree with your stance or happen to post about something other than COVID cancellations. Just because all hosts don't agree with taking part in a class action suit, doesn't mean we think Airbnb is some great company. If you had been a participant in this forum before you joined to express your outrage, you'd know perfectly well that all the posters you've accused of being paid Airbnb shills have posted many criticisms of Airbnb in the past.

But it's obvious that you are quite attached to your false ideas.

@Anonymous 

Facebook vs Trump. Which would you believe?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Sheila22 wrote:

"I wonder why you are even posting on this site that is clearly meant for Hosts who's March, April (and now looks like May too) bookings are being cancelled and fully refunded by Airbnb.  You are not one of those Hosts, but your are hanging around posts that pertain to that specific topic.   You know that expression 'looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...'

If you aren't a troll, that's fine, but you certainly give that impression. "

So sad you feel the need to be so nasty to some of your fellow hosts. @Sheila22 

This is a community forum;  anyone  can post and indeed respond to any topic. 

But what we don't do is make things up and present them as 'fact', and insult those who make up our community because we have different points of view.

Love to know how you hacked in my listing to know how many bookings I had cancelled during March-May by the way? 🙂🙂

If anyone wishes to discuss this topic openly and freely, out of the purview of the self-professed "Head of Community"  please come join the discussion on the FB page "Airbnb Hosts United" -- free speech is welcome!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/861430217655400/

@Sheila22 What you said might be true, but again it's not a simple decision to join the class action. There are a lot of things you need to consider carefully before that. I personally hold neutral attitude on the class action. I'm not against it, and wish good luck to those who joined, but I'm not going to join it. Those who allure other hosts to join, you should explain explicitly the gains and loss they are going to expect from the class action. If this is not explained well, then it's not the right thing to draw people into the class action. I agree that Airbnb has done something wrong in this thing, and caused some loss to majority of hosts, but that's not a sufficient reason to joint a class action.

If someone gets a class action suit off the ground, I'm happy to be part of it.  Airbnb has definitely acted illegally, breaking binding agreements and applying policies retroactively, but even if entities break laws, it is not always easy, or worth the time and expense, to sue them. 

At any rate, if any group is actually moving forward with a class action suit, they wouldn't be doing it on this forum, because Airbnb Community is obviously managed by Airbnb and is crawling with Airbnb trolls -- the point I've already made.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Airbnb always refunded extenuating circumstances cancelations . Flights are canceled, many countries closed their borders, there are a police hour and quarantine.... If this pandemic is not extenuating circumstance then I don't know what is.

Some hosts forget that they are also allowed to cancel penalty-free due to Covid-19 pandemic, this policy is not unilateral and only in favor of the guest.

Well, Airbnb is penalizing Hosts for cancelling, so I guess you aren't aware of that, but I am aware of it, because I'm seeing the screenshots of it happening on the 'Airbnb Hosts United' private FB page:  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/861430217655400/

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

You're most recent reviews ion your listings are from Sept 2019.  **I It is strange that you are all over these pages giving your two cents to people about something your are not experiencing yourself.  Also, you wrote a post about being afraid of taking bookings because of Coronavirus.  So were you afraid of Coronavirus in Oct, Nov...2019?

**[Inappropriate content hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

@Sheila22 

Yes, I am a troll with 400 reviews and you are the only one who discovered me  :))))

reviews are not in chronological order, I am surprised you as an experienced host don't know that 🙂

11.jpg

Well, I don't know who all the trolls are of course,  I just know they are here as I have been told that by someone on this forum who seems smart and trustworthy.  If you are not one why are you here on this post about a class action suit.  Are you interested in a class action suit?  Did Airbnb cancel your March and April bookings and refund the Guests 100%?