airbnb rental is really noisy!

Mélanie120
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

airbnb rental is really noisy!

What should I do if an Airbnb I rented failed to disclose that they were situated right next to a nightclub - it’s extremely loud and now I don’t know how I’m gonna sleep for the next few days.

Cleanliness isn’t top notch either, AC makes an infernal sound and the single bed advertised is not truly adult size (not even a 5’5 person can fit without reaching the bottom and mattress is only 5 inches thick so with weight you hit hard surface).

I don’t know what to do given that I can’t seem to find noise level in the appropriate reason to file a complaint.

3 Replies 3
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mélanie120 I hope you're well!

The first thing you need to do is make contact with your host- let them know about the issues you mention, and give them the opportunity to resolve them for you if possible.

If they can't be resolved by the host then get in touch with Airbnb CS to let them know, they can talk you through your options.

Best wishes

Paul.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I agree with @Paul1255  @Mélanie120 . Also call Airbnb to give them a heads up about the situation. Do any previous guest reviews mention the issues you have encountered? 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Mélanie120   If you believe that the listing is not as advertised on Air BNB, as  has been posted , contacting the host via the Air BNB message system is the first step.  Hopefully you will be able to find other accommodations.  However, if you decide to stay, then you will be responsible to pay for evey night you are there.   As a guest, it is not easy to get all the information you as an individual need to determine a good fit for you.  Aspects that are troublesome for you might be positive for others, so the best course is to engage in a conversation with the host about what you expect.  Unfortunately, many guests use price as the primary guide.