airbnb review prompt

Diego346
Level 3
São Paulo, Brazil

airbnb review prompt

In the past, Airbnb has prompted me via email to leave a host review the same day of departure but it's been a long time and Airbnb never sent me the review link. I believe it's important for the host and the guest to be prompted for reviews immediately & Airbnb is being discriminatory with me, since I never got the review prompt.

The host already left a comment on my profile but I'm not able to leave a comment for her. Airbnb support is not much of a help. What can I do?

6 Replies 6

@Diego346 if the host's review of you is already visible, then it is too late to leave a review for the host.

The host's review stays unpublished until either you write your review (in which case they both become visible) or until 14 days have passed (in which case the chance to write a review is over).

Yes, the email reminder should be sent every time.

Maybe you can check with Airbnb support to make sure your notifications are set up correctly?

I never got the email. NEVER. Yes, my set up is correct. 

@Diego346 sorry for the lack of clarity.

When I wrote "Yes, the email reminder should be sent every time"

I did not mean that it was sent and you received it.

What I meant was "It is important for Airbnb to make sure they send the email every time."

The email does NOT get sent every time. In fact, sometimes the notification/reminder to write a review that you normally see in your Airbnb account does not even appear (and that doesn't involve sending emails.)

Diego346
Level 3
São Paulo, Brazil

So far renting with Airbnb has been a pain, I would definitely prefer to rent with Airbnb competitors they have better services.

Moud1
Level 2
Tetouan, Morocco

I don't think there's any discrimination, a review system is an automatic software then send a notification to both guest and host at the same time, did you check your notification?

Yes I did. Well I would say there is discriminations 

First - I made a reservation from December to June - Once I got to the apartment the washer machine and the fridge were not working. It looks over a month to get it fixed. 

Second - The host told a neighbor (family of hers) to enter the apartment at 6am with a spare key, so while my wife and myself were sleeping the neighbor came in! 

Third - I had to replace the front lock key because it broke and she didn't want to pay back.

Fourth - Police came once a week to the apartment to check if the host was back from her trip because it seemed she had some weird issues. 

Fifth  - the house had holes in the wall, never mentioned in the listing. 

Sixth - She was discriminative with my wife and my service dog. 

I asked Airbnb to help me moved to a new apartment. - After I moved the host left a horrible review, full of lies. I provided Airbnb with support and proofs that everything she said was a lie, and guess what? They told me "sorry learn from your comment" 

Right now I am staying at Airbnb new reservation and the current host is very scared to even she wants to check up on us every day! 

I provided proof that everything she said its a lie - with airbnb support chats and with the chats between the host and myself.

Then I never got the chance to do a review! ... what is this? discrimination

PLEASE HELP ME!