airbnb stole 13k from me and wont return it. What recourse do I have?

Daniel1164
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

airbnb stole 13k from me and wont return it. What recourse do I have?

This is maybe the worst experience I have ever had. I am traveling with my kids to San Francisco. I book a house I pay the full amount 4 weeks before our arrival. 4 days before the host cancels. I ask for a refund almost a month ago. Still no refund. I have opened 3 tickets with support and now I can't even create a ticket. This is simply theft. Nevermind the fact that they waited 2 days after the cancelation to "help" me find a new place.

I can't imagin if a host canceled the day of on a family. I have 5 kids and I would be stranded in a city with no where to stay but Airbnb would ask to help two days later. 

P.S. we will keep all your money too. This is a joke.

Can anyone Help for real?

4 Replies 4

I hope you booked with credit card . Dispute the charge with the credit card company and you'll get your money back fast, no one likes chargebacks. Can you still leave a reviw for the host? Leave short to the point truthful review if you can.

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

That is horrible.  I've read that if you go on Twitter and publicly shame Airbnb they will resolve the problem quickly.  

Evan60
Level 2
Orchard Park, NY

Who knows a good law firm to take on airbnb with a class action lawsuit?  What a rip-off!  They say you're supposed to lodge any complaint within 24 hours, but there is nowhere to do so!  What a racket! 

Kelly404
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Yeah I feel the same - my host cancelled and still no refund after 3 weeks!