airbnb suggest I charge 104. per night my quest say I should be getting at least 169.00

Carol26
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

airbnb suggest I charge 104. per night my quest say I should be getting at least 169.00

I rent a 2000 SQ FT apartment with full kitchen 3 br 2.5 bath with jacuzzi airbnb suggests 104 per night my quest have said that's too low it should be 169 per night I am now a superhost pending business status. I am not sure what to do.

Carol

2 Replies 2
Shirley1
Level 5
Somerset, WI

AirBnB might think they are doing you a favor suggesting a rate, but you have no idea what variables are used or how consistent the similiarities are between other properties and how much area is being included. I have a larger home listed and the rate AirBnb suggests is being compared with a home that is 40 miles away and charges an $85 cleaning fee, which I do not. 

What you charge should be factored on what you believe is right for your expenses, the size of the rental, and the rates of your most immediate competitive listings that are somewhat comparable.

I happened to move across days in my calendar and the suggested rate was different for every day .. I have a flat rate for peak and off season. Suggested rates from any vacation rental website really doesn't make sense to me. It's impossible to be  helpful for the owner, however, if underpriced, the listing is rented often and they are guaranteed the traveler's service fee. It's to their financial advantage, not the rental owner.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Airbnb consistently tell me to let my property out at a lower price. I have ignored them and based my price on what I think it is worth and what others are charging nearby of a similar quality.

I've never had a problem getting bookings.