airbnb website features keep changing

Mat16
Level 1
Longborough, United Kingdom

airbnb website features keep changing

Hi there,

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with the airbnb website. A few hours ago I was browsing villas in Bali for a 7 night stay and I noticed a great new feature where instead of a nightly price, the search results showed the total cost of stay. Now it's a few hours later, and it's back to the old nightly rate format. Why?! Also in the past there used to be a great tickbox feature for listings that allow free cancellation. Surprise surprise as that's gone now too.

Has anyone else been frustrated by new features coming and going so quickly? What's the point?

Mat

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Mat16 

You must get used to Airbnb changing something without informing us, hosts, about it. Sometimes hosts discover new features by chance and then share here, in the community center. Airbnb is an ongoing experiment for its coders... If you like a certain feature, you can create a post in the Hosting section and other hosts will vote for it to be introduced... if Airbnb considers it.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

You mean create a post in the Host Voice section. 

I think Mat is a guest rather than a host. 

Christine464
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I find the new layout for travellers lacking in intuition.   I have tried to find an apartment my friend who is doing the searching for a place to stay in Milan and specifically Brera has suggested.  (As an aside and another whole issue why is it so difficult for friends who are planning a holiday together to share sites they have seen.  He is Dutch and sends the link, but I can't read the info other than the landing page.)   

However, this issue I want to point out is the inability to search travel destinations on this 'new' website front page.    This may not be that new as I haven't been looking for a few months, but either I have some mock up page as home page or this is meant to be an improvement.  He has sent me the link so I at least can see the photos which I would recognize immediately.    It is in Milan, Italy in Brera district and I cannot find the listing.   

I am seriously wondering if I have some kind of problem with downloading the site or does anyone else find the current home page for searching a joke. etc  (I am a host as well but not that active and have not checked that.   Any comments appreciated... or is it me!?