airbnb will not accept our payment?

Answered!
Trish6
Level 3
Victoria, Canada

airbnb will not accept our payment?

Hi, can someone advise -

We have been trying to complete a reservation for a stay at an airbnb place.  The host is accepting it. 

Our Mastercard has lots of room.  The rep at the CC company confirms it is good to go, but airbnb is blocking the payment. 

I sent a request for help to the help centre and they do not know why and only suggested that we use Paypal.  We have paypal and have it ready to go but it does not come up as an option to pay.  We are in Canada.

How the heck do we pay?

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

For any issues with your reservation related to payments, we recommend contacting our support team for further assistance. See our Get Help or Contact Airbnb article.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

138 Replies 138
Jari29
Level 1
Klaukkala, Finland

Just yesterday, a scheduled payment went through.

I tried to make an additional reservation with the same card (yes, there is plenty of balance left) and that keeps on checking the payment details for a very long time (22 minutes earlier today, 30 minutes and counting now.

This is really annoying. 

This could have something to do with the bank/CC requiring you to "sign" the transaction with mobile phone.

I added another card that I have not used with AirBnB before and that went through (required me to accept the transaction on mobile).

Mark4320
Level 1
Algester, Australia

Still not working here in Australia. Tried to use my international credit card and wont accept it. Called them up and they said use another credit card or wait. No thanks. I'll go direct and AirBNB can get stuffed. Not wearing international fees on a local card.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

For any issues with your reservation related to payments, we recommend contacting our support team for further assistance. See our Get Help or Contact Airbnb article.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen