airbnb will not accept our payment?

Answered!
Trish6
Level 3
Victoria, Canada

airbnb will not accept our payment?

Hi, can someone advise -

We have been trying to complete a reservation for a stay at an airbnb place.  The host is accepting it. 

Our Mastercard has lots of room.  The rep at the CC company confirms it is good to go, but airbnb is blocking the payment. 

I sent a request for help to the help centre and they do not know why and only suggested that we use Paypal.  We have paypal and have it ready to go but it does not come up as an option to pay.  We are in Canada.

How the heck do we pay?

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

For any issues with your reservation related to payments, we recommend contacting our support team for further assistance. See our Get Help or Contact Airbnb article.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

138 Replies 138

I'm receiving that message too. I'm using my Vietnamese HSBC card in Vietnam. Tried numerous things and different cards and can't get it to work. Waiting for more help from airbnb but not feeling hopeful after reading these messages... all they have said so far is to clear cache and cookies, not very helpful.

How has this been an unsolved problem for years?! How are they even a successful business? Helppppp

Esteban124
Level 1
Guatemala

Hi, there. I think I got a solution, it just worked. I was trying to book a room in Barcelona, but my preferred currency was "US dollars". It kept denying every card I tried until I changed it to "Euros" since it's local currency and it worked. Hope it works for you!

THIS IS the solution (at least for me), thank you!! Changing the currency made it work immediately

YES, this is the solution. More people should see this. Been trying all day, was driving me crazy

John2656
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

WE ARE AT 2019! AND STILL HAVING PROBLEM WITH PAYING MONEY! THIS IS STUPID! IM SORRY I CAN'T STAY CALM BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIX MY ISSUE SINCE LAST WEEK!!!!! I TRIED TO CALL I TRIED TO SEND A MESSAGE NOTHING HELPED ! I CALLED MY BANK CALLED EVERY SINGLE PLACE I CAN BUT NO RESULT! 

Niki92
Level 1
Sofia, Bulgaria

you may have card limits, try to  change them, it worked for me 🙂

Carlos1481
Level 2
Doctor Mora, Mexico

have any of you tried deactivaning and reactivating the account ?

Lucas389
Level 1
Florianópolis, Brazil

Same problem here. multiple hour on the phone with bank and with airbnb support. card is fine, multiple transactions simulated. airbnb support tells me they know there is a bug and they are investigating. I thought it was something new before finding this page.. so they are have been investigating since 2016 apparently.. lol

Ashley652
Level 1
Oceanside, CA

In my opinion, Airbnb forces us to use PayPal so in the event of a negative experience, we don’t have the protection our credit card company offers us. Honestly doubt I will ever use Airbnb again. 

Jamie421
Level 2
Muscat, Oman

"Looks like your bank does not allow this card to be used for online purchases. Please use a different payment method or contact your bank for more information."

No, thats BS, AirBnB.  I may just go ahead and pay the host directly because we have wasted two days on this and, frankly, your share of both sides of the transaction is excessive for very little.

Annie722
Level 2
Redmond, WA

Not Solved. Still broken. Get your act together Airbnb.

Wendy765
Level 1
South Africa

Been trying for 3 days now to book on Airbnb>my card is fine. Bank confirmed no block, yet the payment will not be accepted. Now going to book through another booking agent. Surprised Airbnb still exists due to the shocking service!

Piotr38
Level 1
Kraków, Poland

SOLVED for me!!! I used to log in using Facebook account authorisation. I Logged out and then logged in again using the same method. Then tried to make a payment and finally worked. I had to use one of my saved credit cards - ABnB didn't allow me to add new payment method but this was not necessary. After all I have over 10 saved payment methods with the same credit card:)

Katja-Thyra0
Level 2
Aalborg, Denmark

We had the same problem my boyfriends card and mine. 

SOLVED: I payed through PayPal and that worked. I don't know if we were just lucky or not. However it was a quick fix / worth to try. 

Petru5
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

PayPal was accepted, after two refusal from Airbnb with my Dutch iDEAL account (one of the safest in the world). Airbnb blocked twice the amount for booking and proceeded to refund, which take up to 10 days. They couldn’t explain, but a payment system error.