am not getting any enquirys. So is there anything missing or other such issue ?

am not getting any enquirys. So is there anything missing or other such issue ?

I have added my listing some time ago, but I am not getting any enquires. So is there anything missing or other such issues.

10 Replies 10
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Vipul13  Your listings look fine.  Maybe use the Airbnb filter on the photos.  (Go to Listing Details, choose the Edit button next to the photos, click on a photo, click on the little pencil in the lower right corner, click Adjust, then choose Airbnb Filter at the bottom.)

I think you just need to be patient and the inquiries will come.

Patricia2197
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Do not get disappointed. It takes time to get a guest. But, it is the time that people are planning for the Christmas holidays in Western countries. I'm sure you will get someone soon.  I see the price is very affordable already, but it is always a good idea to create special offers. You can do that by using the calendar tool.

Patricia2197
Level 2
Orlando, FL

I also agree with Ann72. You need to work a little bit more in photography. Try to hire a photographer to make it more Magazine like. One day I will visit New Deli, then I will contact you. Good luck! Patty from Orlando, Florida, USA.

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

@Vipul13 Have you looked at the statistics for your area and seen if there's anything you can do with regards to either pricing or how other more successful listings in the same area and targeting same demographics is doing? Or if maybe this time of the year is low season and so not so many enquiries to be expected? 

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi @Vipul13 ,

I've looked through your listings, and I think maybe you can try to expand the description and - as others have suggested above - work a bit on the photos. Not a lot of work, but just a tiny bit. 

I had a very functional listing before and had some enquiries, but after I did some work on my listings I got a lot more enquiries, so just taking the time to research and write a bit more can absolutely pay off. 

For example your listing "the haplo home", can you find a more descriptive and attractive name? For example "clean private room in central New Delhi" (if this is the case), or something else that better describes the listing?

You write:

" The room is fully equipped with all amenities including AC, all washroom essentials among others." 

-> Its not clear to me what all amenities and washroom essentials are, and as becomes clear as you become more active in the community - what this means varies from country to country. Does this inlcude shower? Bidet? Bath tub? Dish washer?

"All over again we also have a bunch of cool things to offer which you may explore yourself if you just plan to stay to."

-> take some time to explore the "bunch of cool things", people like to know what to expect, and don't like surprises. 

Also I would take some time to explain how the room is located - is it central in New Delhi? Is public transportation close by? Is the room a separate room with a separate private bathroom? Is it in your house where you live with your family, and if so - who lives there? 

Does this make sense? Look at some other listings and see what people write and get inspired by that. 

For the images - I would make sure to remove the bags and things that are on the kitchen counter and on the bench, lighten up the images with the airbnb filter and maybe also take som pictures of the area the listing is located in? The balcony, bathroom etc... 

I think it's also because you have no reviews yet.

Put some photos of the neighbourhood on, view from the windows etc.

Up your price by 25% and offer a 25% discount. That should tempt some people without losing you money.

And add a govt ID to show you are verified as a real person.

Once you have a couple of reviews it should take off.

Good luck!

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Vipul13 🙂

I'm a bit confused about one of the private rooms you have listed. I think you need to give your listing another name - maybe entire home? Is the private room with room for 6 persons an entire apartment or is it 3 different private rooms you want to rent out to different people? In that case you need to make a listing for each room.

Best, Sandra 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vipul13  I agree with @Sandra856 that your listings are not set up correctly. Do you live in the home with your family and have 3 bedrooms to rent out? If so, you can't list all the rooms under one listing- you need to create a separate listing for each room, with the number of beds in that room and the maximum number of guests who can stay in that room. In each listing, you would only have photos of that particular room, the bathroom, and any shared common spaces, plus whatever you want to show of the surrounding area. And if you live there, you need to make that very clear- that it's a shared-home listing with the host and other guests.

I agree with many of the suggestions stated. Get creative with your pictures to help make a stranger feel attracted to your space. What other than the expansive pictures of the bed, toilet etc can you show? Show off your town, show me a cafe,  show me night-life, show me something I’d “need” to visit while there.

From time to time switch your opening photo. Be sure to go in and check on your listings daily, be sure to check on your tips and be sure to check your calendar daily by making slight changes to your pricing.

I also have found sending my listing link to friends and family often helps with the algorithm...sometimes!

Join and be part of the ever growing Airbnb community too!

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Vipul13 

Make your pictures more inviting. They are stark.

Can you put a picture on the wall? or a colorful pillow on the couch?

The pictures need to be brighter - your white walls don't look white, they look dirty and dingy.

It doesn't mean they are dingy, just need better lighting and staging.

Please put the toilet seat down for the photo - it's a turn off.

Best of luck