an obvious 5 star review is counted as 4 star

Answered!
Herwig0
Level 3
Ericeira, PT

an obvious 5 star review is counted as 4 star

5star review shows as 4 star5star review shows as 4 star

so I received obviously a 5 star review for my home. BUT the review shows at the guest as a 4 star only, also my "standrad" percentage fell from 86 to 84%

How comes?

Do I understand anything wrong?

thanks

Herwig

1 Best Answer
Joseph19
Level 3
Paris, France

The same happened to me. I am also a  frequent Airbnb traveler as well. I feel strongly that this is not acceptable and that the algorithm should alert the reviewer of the incoherence between an overall  4 star rating and five star ratings in each of the six categories. Keep in mind that if you click less than five star in any category, the algorithm asks you follow-up questions. This doesn't happen for the first overall rating because the six sub categories are expected to provide clarification. The other potential solution is to elimintae the overall rating and simply average the six categories. The current situation is totally illogical and undermines the credibility of the whole system. Finally, it is more than likely that it is a typo error or lack of attention by the reviewer that caused this incoherence, this is why it is imperative that the software should not allow this scenario to happen and force the reviewer to clarify. 

View Best Answer in original post

32 Replies 32
Lacramioara1
Level 2
Port Hedland, Australia

Grace to this mishap I found HomeAway. For less than I’m paying now I could have in the same area for the same period a full cozy nice appartment. If ever happens to me to book again on Airbnb I will choose a new host, not a super host. New hosts take care. Once someone became a superhost the quality is going down. I noticed in few cases but I still rated them well because they were flexible. I had excellent stays with few beginner hosts. ByeBye Super Hosts and ByeBye Airbnb. I need my room heated and ventilation if I need to go to toilet at night. That’s just basic. And I’m not mentioning other inconvenients. Too embarassing...

Taylor-and-Jason0
Level 3
Winnipeg, Canada

@Herwig0 Same with us! SOOO FRUSTERATING!

This happened to me and Airbnb said it was because the guest left the category "respects house rules" blank.