avoid party and events

Emily-and-Matteo0
Level 1
Noblesville, IN

avoid party and events

I m host how suppose avoid peoples do party and events on my proprety I do have in writing on my house manual to any suggest 

2 Replies 2
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Emily-and-Matteo0 

There are 3 things that tend to help - setting a minimum number of night  (maybe 3 nights for a large house), informing the guest that you live on site or very close by and a camera (you can get quite cheap ring ones, that will detect movement and alert you when people come in or out).

Just make sure that the camera is disclosed on your description - I would add in 2 or 3 places in the description, house rules, etc.

Knowing that the host is local makes the party guest think twice about having a party in the property.

And make good friends with your neighbours - they can also keep an eye on the property 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Emily-and-Matteo0  You could also turn off Instant Book if you use it. So guests will have to send you a booking request, which gives you an opportunity to look at their reviews, if they have any, and communicate with them before accepting or declining. 

Also, if you are having issues with parties, and are off-site hosts, but live close by, consider meeting and greeting all guests, rather than them doing self-check in. It will give you an idea whether this looks like a bunch of partiers, so you can be on alert, or it's just a nice average family. It will also tend to discourage partiers if they realize the host is nearby and paying attention.