blocked

Steven112
Level 2
Decatur, AL

blocked

I had an inquiry last month about a 30 day request for 2022. Two wks before this the city council of the town where our SRT is located voted to ban all STRs starting Jan 2022. I told the person sending the request about this and said I had to wait until next Jan before I accepted any request. I didn't want to have to cancel a reservation after it was made.  I mentioned that I thought it would be overturned but still wanted to wait. She understood & said she'd contact me later.

I looked at my AIRBNB & VRBO calendars yesterday and saw those dates stilled blocked. Since no humans answer the phones at AIRBNB I tried to find an answer. The only thing I can find is that they keep the dates blocked ( forever I guess) because I canceled the reservation.  I NEVER ACCEPTED  it. What can I do other than get an ulcer? Does anyone have a way of talking to a human???

5 Replies 5
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Steven112 

Does your calendar indicate that someone specific has reserved those dates or are they just blocked?

Doesn’t the STR ban allow you to rent for 30 days or more?

If someone has reserved for 30 days and has already paid, why not just let the reservation stand?

If it turns out that you cannot honor the reservation due to local law, you can always apologize and agree to a full refund.

Other hosts have reported that they have better success in using the online chat system after regular business hours instead of trying to call.

I did not see this request until today .  What are the dates you refer to??  Steve

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Steven112 @Steven1219 

I had an inquiry last month about a 30 day request for 2022.

Those dates. An inquiry doesn’t block dates.

A request does block dates until it is declined by the host or withdrawn by the guest.

I am confused about whether there ever was a reservation. It seems that there was not, so something is wrong.

If there was a reservation then you should have asked the guest to cancel it.

Brian:  What was the supposed date of the inquiry or reservation in 2022?  Thanks:  Steve

@Steven1219There is some confusion going on here. Brian was responding to Steven112 who started this thread. Not sure how you thought this was some response to you.

And if you are responding to someone here, you need to tag them for them to be notified.