Blocking someone on messenger

Answered!
Walter70
Level 1
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Blocking someone on messenger

I have a past guest that has sent me many messages.

I have blocked him from my phone, facebook etc now he has resorted to sending intimidating style messages over the airbnb message system.

Is there a way to block someone from sending messages?

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You can flag the messages, @Walter70. That way Airbnb will take a look. No way to just block them that I know of. But do flag them for now. It is the clickable flag icon to the side of each message.

You can let the guest know you are doing that. Perhaps that will make him stop?

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You can flag the messages, @Walter70. That way Airbnb will take a look. No way to just block them that I know of. But do flag them for now. It is the clickable flag icon to the side of each message.

You can let the guest know you are doing that. Perhaps that will make him stop?

You can call Airbnb and if they read the messages and agree that they are inappropriate they may deactivate the guest's account.

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Walter70  @City-Limits-Ranch0  @Lawrene0   Check out my NEW POST in the "Help" Room. You will be very excited to read Airbnb latest new feature.  I discovered it when I had to block someone from trying to book my home yesterday.  Its the Post about Blocking Feature...go to the Help Room and check out the HOT TOPIC post that I wrote last night.  It will help you all out.  I promise.

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Which reminds me, @Walter70, how did that turn out? Did you flag your harasser? Did he go away? This ability to block is new. 

I did see your post yesterday, @Momi0, and gave it a thumbs up. Here's hoping none of us needs to use it!

@Lawrene0  Too late! LOL!!! Myself and 4 hosts had to use it last night.  But thanks for the post of appreciation. Glad I can help.  Hope all is well in Canada...can't wait to go back.  Vancouver definitely has my heart.  I still can't believe I ate all those free yummy blackberries around Stanley Park's bushes.  They are $12 for 8 ounces in Hawai'i  (*gasp)

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Bea13
Level 3
Vancouver, Canada

You CAN block a troublesome Airbnb guest! Just discovered it by accident. I just blocked the very nice guest who purchased a whole new cable package for us.

Click on the Airbnb message string.

Click "Report" (located with "About this guest")

Select "Something else"

Click "Next"

Click "Yes, block now"

Boom. Done. #outayourlife

thank you!  i hope they can't write a bad review now... 

You can leave a bad review too! If you've already left a nice review, you can certainly publicly respond to their bad review so future hosts know to "beware of this guest". 

Marla84
Level 2
Bruce Mines, Canada

There does not seem to be a "flag button any more.