booking said 6 adults but now there here they have 5 children

Kelly395
Level 1
Main Beach, Australia

booking said 6 adults but now there here they have 5 children

here i am expecteing 6 adults from china ,then all of a sudden there is 6 adults and 5 children bangin on my door kids range from 2-5

where do i stand 

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Seems you have a max 6 so 6 stay and 5 stay elsewhere. 

David
Brett3
Level 10
Gold Coast, Australia

Hey @Kelly395,

I have experienced this problem a number times now and nearly all were Chinese guests. Each time I have called Airbnb and the very first thing I am asked is if I would like to cancel the booking. Airbnb advised each time this was a clear breach of the rules. The first few times I let the couple of extra kids stay but now I don't. The most recent guests absolutely assured me they booked for 4 adults and 2 children. That is not possible with a limit of 4 guests at the property. I am not necessarily suggesting they are being dishonest but I figure if you remember to book flights for your children, and a maxi taxi to carry a full family with children how do you not manage to book accomodation for the children?

I would have a chat with Airbnb so you are comfortable with your decision next time.

P.S. I personally think turning up with 5 undeclared children is taking the p!$s and not acceptable. That said if you can accomodate them you would certainly be entitled to ask for extra money.

Brett

Brett3
Level 10
Gold Coast, Australia

Hello again @Kelly395,

it also just occured to me you should check your body corp rules to see if there are any guest number limits. At one of my listings in Surfers there are limits and my guests must declare correct numbers for safety reason and in case of emergency. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kelly395 I called ABB and asked what to do if more people come then booked. They said I don't have to let them in.