booking

Meri7
Level 1
Split, Croatia

booking

Hi guys! So, recently a quest sent me a booking request but I am not completely sure I will be available in that time. I will know soon but I know I have to answer in 24hours and I will not know the situation's result by then. I was wondering if a quest can resend me the same booking request for the same place and time after I decline the request or it gets lost? Or do I need to send him a pre-approval? What do I do? Thanks in advance,

Meri 🙂

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Too late now, but if you are unsure of your availability for certain dates you should block those from your calendar. Not doing so just inconveniences guests. They don't want to wait 2-3 days to hear back from you - they want to book ASAP. Decline their request, allow them to book elsewhere and move on. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Meri7  If you are not sure you are able to accept a booking request for any dates on your calendar, you should block them out as a kindness to the guest who is trying to make travel and accommodation arrangements.  In this case since you already have received a request, you could decline now with an explanation that the date (s) might become available as such and such a time.  That allows the guest to consider something else and meets your requirement to accept or decline a booking request within 24 hours.  Make sense?