bookings up 120% in our area

Petrina3
Level 10
Sapphire Beach, Australia

bookings up 120% in our area

I,ve never been so busy!

According to the latest  National news and Airbnb updates on my profile- we have more than 120% more people looking for accomodation in our area...

The news headlines say our town is " booked out"

I must admit I am gobsmacked as the last few months have remained steady as our locale has not experienced a surge in covid and our numbers of infection have remained low.

Yes, we are a prime holiday destination  ( Beach side) and being approx halfway between Sydney and Brisbane on the East Coast of Australia we are also a stopover between the two. ( which has been my bread and butter) Since the borders have opened within the states I just cannot believe the numbers that are travelling interstate and taking longer breaks at our incredible destination . I love our area and am happy that that Australians are discovering their own back yard. So many guests have commented that they would normally be OS at this time but are loving discovering the jewels that are readily available to them within a few hours travel ( most come by road and in Australia distance is judged by hours not klms)

Im happy to espouse the local attractions and keep our tourist economy flowing and thoroughly enjoying the ride although the wet weather experienced recently might put a dampener on it ( pun intended as we have just had the wettest week since 2009) although i did just contact latest guests to check they are ok and reply was...." kids loving swimming in the rain and loving the spa" C'est la vie

5 Replies 5
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Petrina3 

I hope you are using this surge as an opportunity to increase your rates!

Petrina3
Level 10

yes Emilia, I must admit I did nudge them up a bit but it hasnt seemed to stem the flow! 🙂

@Petrina3  Raising rates always results in more bookings, not the opposite!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Enjoy @Petrina3 and take the blessings when you can get them.  😊

Our limited Covid19 tourist season was short lived with the change to Wet Season and all the other state borders opening back up. That made the need to look north to the NT, come to a tourist cliff of a standstill.......

I'm not complaining; for even though I’m not getting any guests, I get to have family return for Xmas. So we both get some joy...... but it will be the turn of others, sooner or later. It’s the high tide, low tide of STR, family and friends in 2020.  💐

Petrina3
Level 10

We will be up your way next year as son will be relocating from Alice to Darwin for work. Are you anywhere near the hospital precinct?

I'm sure we will slow down again during the cooler weather but Yes "am making hay whilst the sun shines"

🙂