bookings

Answered!

bookings

I have a new campsite listed and have had my first few bookings.  I have 12 available pitches at the site but once i have accepted a booking it has blocked the date for any further bookings.  is there a way to manually block the date once i have taken my maximum bookings per date?  I don't really want only one pitch filled per date.  I saw online it said to do 'mulitple listings'...do I really need to do 12 separate listings?

thanks x

1 Best Answer
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

12 pitches require 12 separate listings @Lisa5494 .

Once someone has booked a pitch, the listing is blocked so that no one else can block exactly the same space. - Think about it, if you were letting rooms in a house/hostel/hotel, you obviously don't want that exact room let to more than one party at once! So someone books = listing no longer available!

I checked your listing. As it stands, ONE person can book for any number of guests between 1 & 16. But it's not set up for unrelated individuals to book their own pitch simultaneously. 1 pitch = 1 listing on Airbnb. (Check out my profile page where I list 3 rooms within my house - or did pre-Covid legislation!)

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Helen350
Level 10

12 pitches require 12 separate listings @Lisa5494 .

Once someone has booked a pitch, the listing is blocked so that no one else can block exactly the same space. - Think about it, if you were letting rooms in a house/hostel/hotel, you obviously don't want that exact room let to more than one party at once! So someone books = listing no longer available!

I checked your listing. As it stands, ONE person can book for any number of guests between 1 & 16. But it's not set up for unrelated individuals to book their own pitch simultaneously. 1 pitch = 1 listing on Airbnb. (Check out my profile page where I list 3 rooms within my house - or did pre-Covid legislation!)

Helen350
Level 10

PS. Your listing states "You'll have the campsite to yourself." - Bad Move! - In Airbnb terms this will lead guests to believe there will be NO other campers on the field! Then if you are letting 11 other pitches, someone might complain about the presence of 11 strange tents & their occupants! Then you run the risk of people demanding refunds because it was not as advertised, and tanking your star ratings, especially for "accuracy"!!

thanks for getting back to me.  when setting it up it allows you to select campsite but doesn't give you an option to change the 'entire' section.  I looked at other campsite listings and they all have the same listing with a note saying 'you are booking one pitch only'.

Helen350
Level 10

@Lisa5494 Oh that's very strange....! I didn't know that. 

if i change my listing to 'tent' rather than campsite it allows me to select 'private room'.  I'd then need to explain in the blurb thats it not a room its a pitch and that you must bring your own tents as we don't supply them.  I'm sort of basing my layout on what other people have used 😂

Thanks you!  I changed to 'tent'. While not perfect, I think this is much better than the 'campsite - entire home/apt' listing option which is understandably enormously confusing to guests. We'll see how my inquiry traffic is with the change.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lisa5494 Its dead easy just to duplicate your listing until you have 12 of them.

Before you do just change the description t however many guests fit on one pitch.

Ok, I'm going to look to duplicate it now and 'link' the calendars....thank you 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lisa5494 don't link the calendars or you will be back where you started (ie one booking will block other bookings)

so how do you build up reviews/ratings...does this not mean that I'm promoting 12 individual settings?  I appreciate the commission is low but this seems to be a format not set up for camp sites.  If you were a hotel with 50 rooms would you have to create 50 listings??

Yes, you would need to have 50 different listings. 

@Lisa5494  Reviews and ratings are linked to your account profile, not to your individual listings. So if 5 guests book each of 5 different campsites, all of their reviews will show up on your profile and all of the listings.

The only reason why hosts have to link calendars is if they have a situation such as they have 2 bedrooms in their home that they rent out and want them to be available to 2 separate sets of guests, but also want both to be available to be booked by one guest group. So they would have 3 separate listings- bedroom 1, bedroom 2, and both bedrooms together. Linking the calendar enables the separate room listings to become unavailable if one guest books both.

Helen350
Level 10

@Lisa5494 Reviews appear in 2 places- under each individual listing, but also on a host's individual profile page. So a guest can view your profile page and see ALL your reviews, most recent first, all on one page.

@Helen350  All the reviews for all a host's properties can also be seen under each individual listing, by simply clicking on "see all this host's reviews". It isn't really necessary to go to the profile page.