bookings

John37
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

bookings

I seem to get a lot of enquiries about wanting to book and l give them an instance booking ,but they do not reply, is it because

you have to give them a special offer .( I have a five star rateing )

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

It is hard to tell.  If it is for low season and a buyer's market, it could be possible that potential guests shop around.  Have you checked the prices for the competition in your area ?

Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@John37:

You have a beautiful listing! I agree definitely take a look at your competition to see if you need to adjust your pricing. I would also make your 10th picture your profile picture for the listing. There seems to be so many more listings now than we first started a year ago, at least in our area so that may also be something to take into consideration. Guests have a lot more options.

Would you say you respond fairly quickly to inquiries? If yes, that is a good thing. When you receive an inquiry, do you just send a message saying use instant booking? Or do you reply with a kind message? Based on your reviews, you seem to be great hosts!

Dear So&So,

Thank you for your inquiry. We would love to host you and your family. We've been hosting for (x amount of time) and we have enjoyed meeting guests from all over.

(If they didn't mention their intention for visiting you can engage in a couple of questions that might get them to respond)

What brings you to the area? Visiting our hometown is wonderful this time of the year because.........(add your insert). Will this be your first time visiting or are you familiar with our town?

In the meantime, I will go ahead and pre-approve to go ahead and book or you can also use the instant book feature. Please let us know if you have any questions in the mean time.

Best,

Host name

*Another suggestion would be to add a description on your profile! This helps guests feel more comfortable and gives them an idea of your personality/style. What do you do for fun? I see on one of your sign offs you say John & Linda. If she is your wife, I would consider adding a picture of the two of you with a fun outdoor background.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your interest but i do not see how the 10th picture is best as it shows a picture of a double bed 

Please explain.

regards John

How do you set up for instant booking?