calendar sync (will adding personal events in Google/Yahoo calendars interfere with booking?)

Joe537
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

calendar sync (will adding personal events in Google/Yahoo calendars interfere with booking?)

Hi Everyone,

I have my personal Google Calendar synced to Airbnb's calendar. My question is this: When I add a personal event to my Google calendar - will it interfere with booking?

Example 1: I have a  guest staying this week Mon-Thurs. I go to my google calendar and add a personal after-work event that I will be attending today, which (in the real world) will not interfere with my ability to host. Will that addition mark my Airbnb calendar as "blocked" for today, and in any way interfere with my guest's stay?

Example 2: I have Nov 28 & 29 open in Airbnb's calendar. I want to attend a short after-work event on Nov 28th. If I add that short (1 or 2 hour) event to my Google calendar, will it mark Nov 28th as being blocked even though the event will in no way interfere with my ability to host?

Example 3: I will be traveling to visit family in December and not be able to host. If I mark that travel on my personal Google calendar, will Airbnb's calendar know to block off those days?

Examples 1 &2  illustrates a concern about adding a short (1 or 2 hour, non-all-day) event to my personal calendar and having it interfere with a current booking by marking that entire day as "blocked".

Example 3 illustrates a concern about adding events to my personal Google calendar which which will not translate to my Airbnb calendar as "blocked" days.

I am a new host, less than 30 days into it, having a fun time so far. But I had to cancel one reservation already (due to a change in Thanksgiving travel plans for family, which is priority for me). I want to respect potential guests and being able to sync my personal calendar automatically such that full-day events are  marked as "blocked" by Airbnb and events that are not full-day (1 or 2 hour or whatever) are not "blocked" by airbnb.  

Any insights about this are welcome. If the answer is "don't bother with syncing", then so be it. I just want to know what your experience has been with syncing personal and Airbnb calendars.

Thank you,

Joe

Baltimore, Maryland USA

0 Replies 0