can a guest see our address before being accepted

Jonathan18
Level 1
United Kingdom

can a guest see our address before being accepted

We have a guest who thinks he is arriving toninght but we have no reservations for tonight and have not  accepted a reservation.

We have been travelling all day and have had conversations with the guest through Air BNB as though he is book in but when we got back we have no reservation showing and have not accepted any like the normal process.

His profile has no image and he says he has verified and paid Air BNB.

4 Replies 4
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Jonathan18 Sounds like a scam. If he doesn't have a confirmed reservation, he will not be able to see your exact address, although he will be able to see the general area you are in. If you have a clear photo of the front of your place, he may be able to find it by driving around the area. Contact Airbnb ASAP - all ways to do that are HERE. I've heard Twitter gets the fastest response lately. Best of luck! Karen

I had sought of the same issue once, then suddenly occured to me he had booked for the following week,

David
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jonathan18

I agree with what has already been said.

I would give BNB a call now and ask for their advice.

The bottom line is if you don't have a confirmed reservation showing then the guest hasn't booked with you.

I would stop messaging the guest and suggest they call BNB to resolve.

Do let us know what happens.

Good luck

Jonathan18
Level 1
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Thanks for the fast response, I have messaged the guest and explained that there is no reservation and that he needs to make a booking through the Air BNB site. If I continue to get messages I will contact Air BNB by the methods suggested. Thanks for you help