cancelation and Airbnb always has the Guests' backs. WHy?

cancelation and Airbnb always has the Guests' backs. WHy?

What happened to Airbnb and the awesome customer service they USED to have when I would call in as a host? Now, all they do is have the guest's back. No matter what. My area has been recently hit super hard with COVID and our community is begging for people to take precautions seriously. We have an indoor, and now outdoor as well, strict mask mandate state wide because our conditions are so bad. This was just put into affect. I have issued a new detail in my listing saying that I am only making reservations for vaccinated people. I have a guest who booked before this policy was instituted. They have verified that they are not vaccinated, but have not canceled their reservation. I asked Airbnb to let me cancel without losing my superhost status and they refused. They stated that the policy was not in place at the time of booking, so it can't be  upheld. If my place was on fire, should I  not tell the guest and just let them arrive to a burned down building because it wasn't on fire when they booked it? I am trying to do what I think is right for my family, my community and all of my fellow humans. I am tremendously disappointed with AIrbnb and their lack of attention and poor support for hosts! 

P.S. The guest is scheduled to arrive in a month. That is plenty of time to find another place to stay. 

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

If your house was in fire then you could not host. But you can, just don't want if guest is not vaccinated. Its completely. different.

Btw vaccinated people can get infected and can spread the virus too. The vaccine only protects them to end up in hospital, it doesn't really protect anyone else. If you are concerned for your community you should stop hosting all together . 

There was a three days  festival in croatia, few thousands people came from Austria, all of them had to have covid passport. At the end 200 of them got the infection there.