cancelation by Airbnb?

Sandra305
Level 5
Bruges, Belgium

cancelation by Airbnb?

Yesterday a guest booked a two nights reservation at my place wich I responded immediatly.  The two days were blocked on my calender as they were booked and confirmed.  

Just a few minutes ago the girls sended me that they got a cancelation by Airbnb and that they got a total refund of their money and they asked me if they could re-book the room, I checked my calendar and saw that those two nights were indeed unblocked?? 

I couldn't find in my inbox the mail that the girl sended me yesterday while she booked and confirmed the room, and I also cant find my answer that I sended to her to welcome her as I send to all my new booked guests.  

I also didn't get any mail from Airbnb to let me know those dates are canceled??? Anyone else knows what this is?  

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Sandra305

I think I've seen few other posts about the same issues, that hosts did't get informed about cancelation. Did you get Aibnb email or notification in the meantime?

@Branka-and-Silvia0  That is what offends me the most... Today I talked to Airbnb and they mentioned that the girl who booked was only 17 and that is the reason why they had to cancel the booking?? 

Look this is not correct!! They didn't even let me know and they cancelde a two nights booking without informing me? 

They should at least inform me right?  or send me a mail with a short notice.  The girls booked the same room for the same two nights through another profile and now I was asking Airbnb to get a decent explanation and they said the girls are not honest and they only cancelede the booking out of protecting the policy. so I asked them if they can ask the girls than to cancel the booking since Airbnb mentioned to me that they are not honest.  Airbnb says if the girls don't agree to cancel that I will have to do that???????????, 

What is this??? 

eh @Sandra305 this are regulations which ABB have to respect but are not happy about it 🙂 So if girls say to be 17 then ABB have to cancel, but if they say they are 18 than ABB is happy to have another customer and another booking. I think if we want to avoid minors we should accept only bookings with verified ID

@Branka-and-Silvia0 I agree completly with what you say.  But first of all Airbnb should allow people under 18 to get a profile?  They have to fill in their date of birth right?  And for me that is not the issue at all.  It would have only been fair from Airbnb to inform me as host about what was going on. 

Yesterday Airbnb even put another cherry on top in dealing with a guest that booked two nights with me.  I am stunned... see if you can find it and read it.  This is really a very unfair situation but again, as a host you just have to sit back and let Airbnb decide as a boss in your own house.  

I blocked all my future dates and don't want to work with them anymore this is going too far, treating their hosts as employees is not why I'm here for.  Especially since I read so many situations here in community help and it's always in favor of the guest if something happens... I'm done!