cancelation in the middle of a stay

Answered!
Luz555
Level 1
Ventura, CA

cancelation in the middle of a stay

Hello fellow Airbnb hosts!

I am new to the Airbnb community, I listed my guesthouse this month, It was rented instantly and I currently have my first guest there at the moment. He has been a lovely guest and it seems he is enjoying the guesthouse. He checked in Jan 7th and was meant to check-out Jan 18th, however he messaged me this morning and mentioned that he has to fly back home tomorrow (3 days earlier than his original check-out date) due to a natural disaster and part of his property/home being damaged etc.

How do I go about this... Do I let him cancel early on his part, do I modify the reservation myself? If so what happens to the price difference, as I have already received the payout for this reservation? Keep in mind he is my first guest and I would like to receive a good review...

I hope this makes sense! any feedback is welcome 🙂

Warm regards,

Luz

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Luz555 

There are 3 optons:

1. The guest need to cancel the reservation and the refund (if any) will be calculated automatically, based on the cancellation policy attached.

2. The guest can sent you a change request (shortening the reservation), refund will be calculated automatically based on price difference

3. You can also shorten the reservation and as a host you can amend the calculated price in the change form to what you think is a fair deal.

I personally allways use option 3.

If there is any refund it will be set in your Transaction History and deducted from the next payout.

BTW Never cancel the reservation yourself, as you will be punished by Airbnb  !

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Luz555 

There are 3 optons:

1. The guest need to cancel the reservation and the refund (if any) will be calculated automatically, based on the cancellation policy attached.

2. The guest can sent you a change request (shortening the reservation), refund will be calculated automatically based on price difference

3. You can also shorten the reservation and as a host you can amend the calculated price in the change form to what you think is a fair deal.

I personally allways use option 3.

If there is any refund it will be set in your Transaction History and deducted from the next payout.

BTW Never cancel the reservation yourself, as you will be punished by Airbnb  !